Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10mm Best Hunting and DG defense bullet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10mm Best Hunting and DG defense bullet.

What do you consider the best all around 10mm bullet when hunting?

200gr Hornady XTP

Comment

Buffalo Bore 220 hard cast!

Comment

How hard is it to get 10mm right now?

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with 180gr. Full Metal Jacket (flat nose)? It's the only load I've found lately in10mm.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruger View Post
            How hard is it to get 10mm right now?
            I've seen it many different places in the valley and ANC lately. More and more and different kids showing up.

Comment

It's tough to find in Fairbanks. Guy at Sportsman's said he hasn't seen any for months.
              Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

Comment

By the end of the month we are going to be shipping 15,000rds of 225gr Hard Cast. These have the synthetic coating so they are safe for the Glock shooters as well. We made a deal with one of your shops in Anchorage to distribute these. After this shipment we will start with shipping both FMJ and Hard Cast.

Comment

Glad to hear we'll have more 10mm ammo choices. I bought a Glock 20SF Gen 4 a couple months ago, a KKM 6 inch barrel and dropped in a Zev Tec Fulcrum trigger. Dawson Precision adjustable sights are on the way.

I've been handloading some 200 grain WFNGC lead bullets I bought online from DoubleTap. They sell bullets and brass (actually nickel cases) for the 10mm too. I'll be trying em on blacktails this November on Prince of Wales but I can't imagine how any 180 grain load would be better. I haven't tried the bigger 220-230 grain cast bullets yet and I wouldn't go so far as to say the 200 grain bullet in the 10mm is the sweet spot but I think with the 200 grain loads you get a good balance between weight and velocity. I view the 220 and larger cast loads in the 10mm kinda like a 200 or 220 grain 30-06 load. Deadly but with a slightly more limited trajectory. Although, I'm new to the 10mm and we are talkin about shooting at pistol distances not long range, so I could be completely wrong.

Comment

What's the biggest animal you have taken with your 10mm? If you have a 460 Rowland jump in.

Comment

Ive taken several Sitka blacktails and a couple caribou with bullets from 155gr to 200gr. Hornadys XTP has performed very well for me, if I were deliberatly hunting bear with the 10mm, I might bring some hard cast bullets, but I dont feel they are necessary.

Comment

Ya Hornady has been kind enough to suspend their 155 and 200 grain 10mm XTPs.

Comment

I've used the XTP's on black bears over bait and have had excellent results. I've used them in my 10mm, .357, and .44mag. Critters never went very far. If the conditions were right I would hose a moose with my 10mm.
                          Henry Bowman for President

Comment

I have been very pleased with Double tap 200 gr wfhcfn or whatever. Hard cast flat bullet. Very reliable and accurate in my glock 20 with standard length KKM barrel and my delta elite. Must have got a bad box once as I had a few light primer strikes in both guns, which neither had ever had before. Mike at DT sent me a free box and sure enough, 100% reliable. As I recall, it was just a bad batch. Not sure. With cost and availability issues associated with 10 mm, I consider reloading a great option. Got a Dillon 550B and cranking out 10 mm ammo at a fraction of the prices I was used to paying. Like $7-8/box of 50, compared to paying $35-40/box for commercially available options. A simple reloading kit can be bought pretty cheaply. Something to consider.

Dan
                            The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

Has anyone used Gold Dots?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X