Alaska Pistol Permits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Pistol Permits

Once you have gained your residence in Alaska is it diffilcult to obtain a pistol permit?
    "Everything in moderation including moderation"

~~Oscar Wilde~~

Permit? Are you talking concealed carry, or ownership?

A permit is not required for either.

However, if you want a concealed carry permit for use in other stares, you just sign up for a class, get fingerprinted, and submit paperwork to the Troopers.. Takes a couple weeks.

Again, no permit is required to own a handgun, and, within the state, any person who can legally own a firearm can carry it concealed without a permit.

(Except of course in the standard no-carry places like schools, federal buildings, etc)
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Ahh, I wasn't sure if it was like New York State. So, you don't need to have the permit. Good enough.

~~Oscar Wilde~~

Comment

Just wondering if I have to have a permit to purchase a handgun once I have my residence or is it that I can go to a gun shop in Alaska and purchase a handgun like a long gun. Seems I would feel more safe in the bush with back-up.

~~Oscar Wilde~~

Comment

There is no permit required to buy any gun in AK... as long as you are a resident of Alaska you can walk and purchase one. The only paperwork is the federal paperwork that you would have to do anywhere. Your not in a gun hating state any longer...
          2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Federal paper work (meaning the background check), like when you buy a rifle?

~~Oscar Wilde~~

Comment

Yes, the same form you do when buying a long gun. Then the dealer makes a phone call and assuming everything is good you get to buy the gun.
              2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

This has no bearing whatsoever on hunting.
                If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Comment

That is what it is all about.

~~Oscar Wilde~~

Comment

I apologize, but I just had to know if I could cover my b*** in the Alaskan woods. I do understand.

~~Oscar Wilde~~

Comment

Originally posted by JR2 View Post
                      Yes, the same form you do when buying a long gun. Then the dealer makes a phone call and assuming everything is good you get to buy the gun.
                      Thanks JR2

~~Oscar Wilde~~

Comment

I'm quite sure an Ak driver's license is all that's necessary not a year of residency to clarify a resident in this instance

Comment

Originally posted by Selfsufficient View Post
                          Ahh, I wasn't sure if it was like New York State. So, you don't need to have the permit. Good enough.
                          Completely different than NY. I had a concealed carry permit in NY, long process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What is nice about getting a CCW permit here in Alaska, is that you can request to be NICS exempt, which is a BIG plus when you want to purchase any firearm.

Comment

Contrary to all the latest reality shows (supposedly) about Alaska, there is not a dangerous beast behind every tree. However, a can of bear spray may be a better bet if you are scared of what may lurk in the woods.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X