New Ruger Redhawk 44 hitting the market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ruger Redhawk 44 hitting the market

Just got an e-mail that shows a new Redhawk 44 mag. Photo attached.Click image for larger version

Name:	ruger kodiak backpacker.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	2513241
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Wow a snubby Redhawk!
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

Isn't that, essentially, the Alaskan?

Comment

Originally posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
        Isn't that, essentially, the Alaskan?
        No, Alaskan is Super Redhawk with the big frame extention up front, post type grip frame and the more tunable GP100 type guts . . . Redhawk has a conventional frame like a Colt/Smith and a single main spring that is also the trigger spring.
        Andy
        On the web= C-lazy-F.co
        Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
        Call/Text 602-315-2406
        Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by ADfields View Post
          No, Alaskan is Super Redhawk with the big frame extention up front, post type grip frame and the more tunable GP100 type guts . . . Redhawk has a conventional frame like a Colt/Smith and a single main spring that is also the trigger spring.
          Well then now I'm REALLY lost LOL.

So, I THOUGHT the (non-super) Redhawk was basically the Security Six in a 44, and the SP100 was basically the "new" Security Six, while the GP100 was the same as the Super Redhawk.

Comment

Well then now I'm REALLY lost LOL.

So, I THOUGHT the (non-super) Redhawk was basically the Security Six in a 44, and the SP100 was basically the "new" Security Six, while the GP100 was the same as the Super Redhawk.
            SRH 454 7.5 inch, RH 45 Colt 4" with after market grips. SRH Alaskan has the tube chopped off at the barrel shroud.

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

I look at those two photos and see essentially the same gun.

Comment

The guts are different...
                Attached Files
                "The older I get, the better I was."

Comment

Try handling one of each at your local shop, they are based on the same frame but.

The Super started as a Redhawk, but it got a very heavy shroud on the frame wrapped around the first inch or so of barrel. And a different grip angle, and different internals.

FWIW a 4" redhawk and a 2" super redhawk weigh within two ounces of each other.

Comment

Note the ejector rod on the SRH is housed in the longer frame and barrel to frame joint is ahead of that.
                    On the RH the ejector rod is housed in a barrel shroud not the frame and the barrel to frame joint is behind that.

Now note Travelers exploded views, SRH has a post like grip area that slips into a one piece grip and RH has a steel loop that two grip slabs attach to. And the guts are very different clockworks.
                    Andy
                    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                    Call/Text 602-315-2406
                    Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by ADfields View Post
                      Note the ejector rod on the SRH is housed in the longer frame and barrel to frame joint is ahead of that.
                      On the RH the ejector rod is housed in a barrel shroud not the frame and the barrel to frame joint is behind that.

Now note Travelers exploded views, SRH has a post like grip area that slips into a one piece grip and RH has a steel loop that two grip slabs attach to. And the guts are very different clockworks.
                      The most notable difference I noticed, in the drawing, was part 43 and associated pieces on the Redhawk, and yeah, the grips are considerable different. Now I get what you said earlier about the Redhawk having a "Colt/Smith" type frame.

So, if the Super Redhawk is like the GP100, which of those two designs is like the older Security Six? (The reason I ask, is I used to own a Security Six-wish I still did.)

Comment

I've always liked the RedHawk but never cared for the Super version. I have never had a problem with a Redhawk and I guess I grew old with one and never needed the new version, thus never gave it a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
                          I've always liked the RedHawk but never cared for the Super version. I have never had a problem with a Redhawk and I guess I grew old with one and never needed the new version, thus never gave it a chance.
                          Same here. Gotta say this is the first handgun to come along in years that has me tempted. My carry gun is a 4" Magnaported 629 with Pachmeyer finger-groove type grips. But I've always had to load the Smiths to lower pressures than the RH. If Pachmeyer engineers a similar grip for this one to keep it from shifting in double-action fire, my wallet is going to get lighter. Probably get a visit to Magnaport, too. Don't care about the velocity loss from the short barrel or porting. It's all about performance in DA.
                          "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
                          Merle Haggard

Comment

Originally posted by BrownBear View Post
                            Same here. Gotta say this is the first handgun to come along in years that has me tempted. My carry gun is a 4" Magnaported 629 with Pachmeyer finger-groove type grips. But I've always had to load the Smiths to lower pressures than the RH. If Pachmeyer engineers a similar grip for this one to keep it from shifting in double-action fire, my wallet is going to get lighter. Probably get a visit to Magnaport, too. Don't care about the velocity loss from the short barrel or porting. It's all about performance in DA.

Same here, like the RH, don't care much for the SRH. have two 4" RH's. Love them. This new one looks real nice, and i might have to look into one... but i still have a Bisley in .45 Colt at the top of my list.

Comment

I like them both but if you lop off the extra front frame from the SRH and screw on a barrel from a RH (or better yet a Colt) and ya got something great!
                              Andy
                              On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                              Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                              Call/Text 602-315-2406
                              Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X