FFL Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFL Question

I bought a handgun from a private seller that lives in Alaska and he has to ship it to me. I also live in Alaska. Can he ship it on his own to my FFL or does he have to go thru a FFL on his side also? Thanks

Originally posted by Sharpshooterassassin View Post
    I bought a handgun from a private seller that lives in Alaska and he has to ship it to me. I also live in Alaska. Can he ship it on his own to my FFL or does he have to go thru a FFL on his side also? Thanks
    Ether way but to go in the USPS mail you need an FFL on both ends.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Comment

He said regardless he usually goes thru Fed Ex. If he needs to go thru a FFL himself, it'll just cost me another $30. He's already paying for shipping.

Comment

He can FedEx it himself, trick is printing the label online to avoid hassle of counter people. With a log gun he can ship it direct to the buyer in the same state, I don't know if it applies to handguns but I think so . . . Hard to find a seller that will do that though. Your FFL will likeley want c copy of the seller's ID, best to just give the FFL and seller each other's contact info and let them hash out the pirticulars.
        Andy
        On the web= C-lazy-F.co
        Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
        Call/Text 602-315-2406
        Phoenix Arizona

Comment

FFL Question

Yeah he said that he would fax a copy of his ID and his info to the FFL of my choice. The trick is finding an FFL that will accept a pistol without him having to go thru an FFL on his end. I don't mind paying the extra $30 if he has to go thru a FFL on his end. He's paying for the shipping. I just want to have it done the legal right way and with no hassle so that the pistol will get to my FFL asap.

With a long gun, we both wouldn't have to go thru an FFL?

Comment

I'll receive it for you if you want but you'll need to come to Palmer to do the 4473 to get it.

Correct in the same state he could mail you a long gun, it isn't interstate commerce so state law governs and it isn't required to pass through an FFF in Alaska. I about 90% believe the same is true of a handgun but only FFLs can mail them USPS and if I remember UPS and FedEx want an FFL involved per ther rules. But there is air cargo with Era etc also . . . Used to ship a lot of guns by bus in Arizona cuz it was super fast and priced well.
            Andy
            On the web= C-lazy-F.co
            Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
            Call/Text 602-315-2406
            Phoenix Arizona

Comment

He can fedex it stright to you if both in Alaska.
              Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

FFL Question

"[QUOTE=ADfields;1387754]I'll receive it for you if you want but you'll need to come to Palmer to do the 4473 to get it."

I'll definitely keep you in mind.

Comment

I believe he can mail USPS it to himself in care of you at your address. Verified the legality of this at the post office in Anchorage when we used this option a few years ago to mail a shotgun to me from the lower 48 as the other party was driving through Canada to get here and didn't want the hassle. The guy at the post office desk didn't even blink an eye or have to ask anyone before saying yes we could do that. Don't think many people are aware of this option.

Comment

Originally posted by smarion View Post
                    I believe he can mail USPS it to himself in care of you at your address. Verified the legality of this at the post office in Anchorage when we used this option a few years ago to mail a shotgun to me from the lower 48 as the other party was driving through Canada to get here and didn't want the hassle. The guy at the post office desk didn't even blink an eye or have to ask anyone before saying yes we could do that. Don't think many people are aware of this option.
                    You can with longuns but not pistols,FFL only USPS
                    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Thanks Will

Comment

Handguns are essentially dealer to dealer. A dealer may RECEIVE a handgun from an Unlicensed individual, however, it can be difficult to get UPS or FEDEX to take the gun for shipment. Depends on which chimp you get behind the desk. An individual may not use the post office to mail a handgun, only dealers are allowed to use the P.O. for handguns. An individual may use the P.O. to mail a long gun to another individual within the same state, or to a dealer in another state. I think that covers it.
                        "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

I fedex'ed a pistol to a gunsmith outside. FedEx only ships guns 1 day express or whatever they call it. Cost 85 bucks I think. But it took 2 days to get there so they refunded my money so it was free

I think the easiest way to do it is use and FFL. In my case the gun is coming back to me so this way the smith/FFl can send it directly to me. No need to go back to an FFL.
                          A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

Whats funny is fedx pistols shipped to Wrangell come to the post office as we don't have fedx,go figure

Comment

Originally posted by ADfields View Post
                              He can FedEx it himself, trick is printing the label online to avoid hassle of counter people. With a log gun he can ship it direct to the buyer in the same state, I don't know if it applies to handguns but I think so . . . Hard to find a seller that will do that though. Your FFL will likeley want c copy of the seller's ID, best to just give the FFL and seller each other's contact info and let them hash out the pirticulars.
                              Has to ship "Over Night" (read expensive) doesn't it, if shipped Fed Ex?
                              Steve
                              "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X