Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Range work with Redhawk today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Range work with Redhawk today

    Got out to the local club to sight in a Benjiman Franklin .22 air rifle today and took the Redhawk along for grins. First time out this year but, definately not my last.


    Steve
    "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."

  • #2
    Well you got it surrounded there so it canít get away. Looks like fun. :topjob:

    Ether that is some odd paper tearing that way or you have some tumblers there, canít tell from the picture.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

    Comment


    • #3
      Andy, never said I was good just persitant. hehehe
      Steve
      "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes, I noticed them. The tumblers are the air guns pellets hitting the paper.
        Steve
        "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."

        Comment


        • #5
          Don't feel bad. I had similar results trying to walk in some Corbon factory 335gr heavy hitters to the sights yesterday. Elevation dialed in quickly. One click on windage tended to over correct.
          Definitely have to get the rest of my components and start doing load developement.
          Now what ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by stevelyn View Post
            Don't feel bad. I had similar results trying to walk in some Corbon factory 335gr heavy hitters to the sights yesterday. Elevation dialed in quickly. One click on windage tended to over correct.
            Definitely have to get the rest of my components and start doing load developement.
            I notice a huge difference in factory ammo and my reloads. Reloads tend to leave one big ragged hole
            "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

            Comment


            • #7
              I see the trouble right off. There is an alien behind the target! It keeps moving everything! Just what is that creepy stuff back there?
              You need help, BIG TIME.
              What distance, what load, what caliber, what boolit, What boolit diameter or is it a jacketed bullet? What are the tumbled looking holes?
              The RH is a great gun except for the spring setup and should do 1" at 50 meters from Creedmore or a rest.
              Lay out ALL information because it is the only way to get help.
              Those holes means you have something very, very wrong.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bfrshooter View Post
                I see the trouble right off. There is an alien behind the target! It keeps moving everything! Just what is that creepy stuff back there?
                You need help, BIG TIME.
                What distance, what load, what caliber, what boolit, What boolit diameter or is it a jacketed bullet? What are the tumbled looking holes?
                The RH is a great gun except for the spring setup and should do 1" at 50 meters from Creedmore or a rest.
                Lay out ALL information because it is the only way to get help.
                Those holes means you have something very, very wrong.
                He explained that the funky looking holes are from the pellet gun.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bfrshooter View Post
                  You need help, BIG TIME.
                  The only help he needs is to work on his trigger squeeze. For the first time out that is not a bad group. Much better than my first group of the spring usually is.

                  However, brfshooter, you might need to brush up on your reading skills.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AK Ray View Post
                    The only help he needs is to work on his trigger squeeze. For the first time out that is not a bad group. Much better than my first group of the spring usually is.
                    Yes, that's a pellet gun target and considering the small size itís not bad at all. I was only joking with the ďgot it surroundedĒ thing because Iíve been there ďleft, right, high, low, two o-clock, ten o-clock . . . what the heck, why canít I get the middle of all that!Ē Every Redhawk hole on that paper would be game on the ground in the field, sure better is always mo-betta but when we get tunnel vision on that ten ring down at the range we should also remember good enough is good-nuf.

                    Best way to improve with a handgun I find is sitting in my recliner with snap caps in the gun snapping at moving targets on the TV. Now I love my flat screen and the tile job I did in the shower thatís behind the TV wall so Iím VERY careful about making sure itís snap caps in there every time I pick up the gun!

                    Not to mention I donít want to splain any new holes to the wife!:shot:
                    Andy
                    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                    Call/Text 602-315-2406
                    Phoenix Arizona

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ADfields View Post
                      Not to mention I donít want to splain any new holes to the wife!:shot:
                      [/SIZE][/FONT]
                      Does that imply there are some OLD holes? Haha!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bfrshooter View Post
                        I see the trouble right off. There is an alien behind the target! It keeps moving everything! Just what is that creepy stuff back there?
                        You need help, BIG TIME.
                        What distance, what load, what caliber, what boolit, What boolit diameter or is it a jacketed bullet? What are the tumbled looking holes?
                        The RH is a great gun except for the spring setup and should do 1" at 50 meters from Creedmore or a rest.
                        Lay out ALL information because it is the only way to get help.
                        Those holes means you have something very, very wrong.

                        bfrshooter, .44 magnum, my rest was less than perfect(sandbag filled with limestones), hazard fence was media used by range to hold targets,(I always prefer to practice from actual field positons and conditions) , 25 yards, Lee 310 bullets at approximately 1100 fps. as stated earlier in post keyholed shots were from air rifle, by the way how's your reading comprehension? I'm 62 and have a difficult time getting into prone rifle position anymore, after having back surgery?
                        Please, post some pictures of your 1" groups from 50 meters from Creedmore position?
                        Steve
                        "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by evandailey View Post
                          Does that imply there are some OLD holes? Haha!
                          Well there are lots of old holes, no bullet holes though . . . well there is a BB hole in a window thanks to the kid across the way getting a new toy for Christmas. My holes are from my never ending construction projects that are always ongoing around here hence my orders from the boss are ďNO new holes till the others are finished!Ē

                          Accidental discharge happens though I havenít had one I wasnít ready for (knocking on wood) since I was a little kid and touched off my brotherís 44mag inside my sisterís Metropolitan Nash with the windows up. Busting my ear drums, puking from the dizziness, getting my butt beat, and working all summer to buy a new door made me extremely careful and paranoid about it! Every time I touch a firearm I check it at least twice, I donít ever want to have another A/D if I can help it.

                          In the 80s I had been quail hunting in Arizona with my uncle. Back at his house after a long day hunting he took his shotguns into the gunroom, little later BOOM and the painting on the living room wall that joined to the gunroom fell on my head. We run in there to see my uncle counting his toes through where the toe of his boot used to be, all 5 were still there but throbbing badly he said. There was a baseball size divot gone from the concrete floor, the carpet was dune for, and he needed new boots but once he could hear us we have never stopped calling him ďnub toe.Ē So anyway, ole Num Toe still swears up-n-down he checked the chamber before the firing pin spring tension off and he is no fool, he wasnít diligent enough and it can happen to anyone.
                          Andy
                          On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                          Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                          Call/Text 602-315-2406
                          Phoenix Arizona

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by AK Ray View Post
                            The only help he needs is to work on his trigger squeeze. For the first time out that is not a bad group. Much better than my first group of the spring usually is.

                            However, brfshooter, you might need to brush up on your reading skills.
                            I question because some of the pellet holes are very large. Some are as large as the .44. Maybe two or three shots in the same hole, so forgive me.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by S.B. View Post
                              bfrshooter, .44 magnum, my rest was less than perfect(sandbag filled with limestones), hazard fence was media used by range to hold targets,(I always prefer to practice from actual field positons and conditions) , 25 yards, Lee 310 bullets at approximately 1100 fps. as stated earlier in post keyholed shots were from air rifle, by the way how's your reading comprehension? I'm 62 and have a difficult time getting into prone rifle position anymore, after having back surgery?
                              Please, post some pictures of your 1" groups from 50 meters from Creedmore position?
                              Steve
                              Not many from Creedmore but 1/2" at 50 meters was common, I shoot no different from Creedmore then I do from sandbags. I took Ohio state with a Ruger .44 shooting 79 out of 80 and it was my fault I missed the last ram at 200 meters.
                              I shot this group with my Vaquero at 50 yards from Creedmore.
                              Then average groups at 50 and 100 yards with my .44. I hit the rail on my last shot at 100 so I aimed higher for the last shot.
                              How about 3 shots at 200 yards from my .44?

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X