Value of a Model 1894 30WCF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of a Model 1894 30WCF?

I am looking for the approximate value or how to find it on a model 1894 Whinchester 30WCF serial # 356xxx, its in great shape.

Check gunbrokers to see what they have been selling for.

Comment

Made 1916 and I'd guess (guess mind you) $600 to $1000. Is there a saddle ring or any extras on it, rifle or carbine?
      Andy
      On the web= C-lazy-F.co
      Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
      Call/Text 602-315-2406
      Phoenix Arizona

Comment

I followed the serial # back through winchester to put it being manufactured 1906, its plain, looks like it had a side mount scope at one time, finish is original from what can see.

Comment

Are you saying it has been drilled for a side mount scope?

Comment

Originally posted by gunaddict View Post
            I followed the serial # back through winchester to put it being manufactured 1906, its plain, looks like it had a side mount scope at one time, finish is original from what can see.
            Your right, 1906 . . . must have had gunk on my specs.

Anyway, the particulars are very important here. There were very many made and most are a plain round barrel carbine with no extras, thatís what I assume you have. If itís that and its been drilled (hearts value) for a scope around the $600 range Iíd guess. Saddle ring, factory checkering or engraving, or any little extras adds to the value. There were rifles (longer barrel), there were octagon barrels, half octagon barrels any of which would add value. Drilling and taping (other than for a period sight thatís still in place), damage, altered stock, missing parts like the butt plate all detract value. Some can add way up in value, most will be under $1000.

If you look on gunbroker you will see a lot of them and get excited at the price, however they are mostly not selling near those prices and have been on there for a long time. Sellers list them as collector items waiting for someone to come along thatís just got to have that one for their collection. That does happen but for the most part they are a bit overvalued there making the true value hard to ascertain . . . anything is only worth what someone will pay for it after all.:topjob:
            Andy
            On the web= C-lazy-F.co
            Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
            Call/Text 602-315-2406
            Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Market value on GB is determined by those brave folks like us who start their auctions at a Penny and let them ride. Folks can ask anythig, but most of them sit.

With that in mind, if that win has been drilled, and the bore is good...$400...if it is marketed correctly by a seller with impeccable feedback, super customer service and an established track record who gives inpsection periods and doesnt surcharge credit cards

Comment

I don't know that it has been drilled for a side mount scope base or is original, it looks like all factory holes but I don't have a another 1894 to compare the receiver against, to answer Andy's question it has a full octagon barrel, the only thing I believe is not 100% factory is the left side of the rear buck horn sight looks to be very cleanly trimmed, which is what I was led to believe for the mounting of a side mounted scope off the receiver. Thank you for all your information guys.

Comment

Most likely the holes in the receiver for the scope base are not original. Pre-war 94's weren't generally drilled for a receiver peep or a scope mount from the factory. But they did have an extra hole in the tang for a tang sight.
                  "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

Here is a picture of the receiver, might be easier than me trying to describe it you. Are there more holes than what it came with from the factory? Can you see where the rear sight looks to be trimmed, leading me to think someone had mounted a scope base, but I could and probably am wrong in my assumption.

.Click image for larger version

Name:	Mod 1894 Winchester 011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	2479478

Comment

Of the three large holes that are above centerline of the receiver, two are not factory and are for an aftermarket side mount. The lower of the two at the front and the larger plug screw at the upper rear of the receiver. Good photo, worth a thousand words.
                      "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

Yes someone thought they had a sniper rifle so drilled, tapped, and ground the sight down to put a big scope on it.
                        Andy
                        On the web= C-lazy-F.co
                        Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
                        Call/Text 602-315-2406
                        Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Thank you for all the information on this gun. your help has been invaluable to me.

Comment

For THAT particular rifle, with the two "extra" holes that were added, $400 sounds about right. Without the holes, considerably more. Depends a lot on where it's being sold, as I note a great deal of variation in prices in different areas.
                            The gun auctions are a decent place to look for value, but ONLY pay attention to the listings that actually have bids on them. Even then, be careful, as sometimes, it's a couple of guys trying to prove who has the biggest...checkbook.

Comment

Thanks for the adivice, not looking to sell it just checking to see if it had any value, or if I should go ahead and reblue it and replace the buckhorn sight, basicly I was wanting to restore it but not if it was worth more in its current state.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X