Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone good for barrel turning on the Kenai Penn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone good for barrel turning on the Kenai Penn?

My 416 barrel blank is on the way with the chamber reamer.

Any of you other folks on the Kenai Peninsula have any suggestions of who to take it to..??

I need it tapered and threaded for a M98 Mauser action.

Who does good blueing these days. I used to go to the shop off the main highway by Tudor , but that was 20 years ago...(Red somebody)
    Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
    Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Here is a thread that talks about a Kenia Gunsmith in the Handloading section. Hope it helps.

Info on .375 Alaskan rifle cartridge???

Comment

Originally posted by Float Pilot View Post
      I used to go to the shop off the main highway by Tudor , but that was 20 years ago...(Red somebody)
      Red moved to Chickaloon, what? 10 years ago or so. I've been very happy with Steve at AK Custom Guns. He's on the Old Seward right next to Marc Taylor's store.
      I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Comment

Give Clifford Hugg, 260-5871, a call. He's in Soldotna and as far as I know he's about the only gunsmith on the peninsula with the capabilities for what you are looking for. There may be others but he's the only one I know of.

Dan

Comment

Thanks loads guys, I will visit cliff on my next trip...

The shot-out military barrel is REALLY stuck in this darn action... holy smokes....
          Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
          Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Comment

Use Extra Caution

I was going to have the barrel replaced on a perfect mod.98 action. A very well respected gunsmith was doing the work. The barrel was so tightly stuck the action was split. The guy replaced my military receiver with a new comercial receiver for no cost. I couldn't complain since the guy made it right. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X