Anyone in AK cut shotgun barrels and thread for choke tubes?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in AK cut shotgun barrels and thread for choke tubes?

I bought a NOS 12 ga and would like to have the barrel cut and threaded for some choke tubes. Is there anyone in AK that does it?

Seems like something any competent gunsmith could do.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

I was in the back of Wild West Guns a few years back. It certainly looked like they had all the equipment there to handle that.

Patriot Life Member NRA
      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
      Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

If you are in the Fairbanks area, I'm tooled up to do Rem-chokes and Winchester choke tubes. But your barrel needs to be .860" on the outside. Not many non-threaded barrels are big enough for "standard" tubes. You may have to go to a thin-wall tube, which is a different animal. If you are going to cut the barrel back, you may get the required thickness for the reaming and threading.
        "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

Originally posted by SpartanGunner View Post
          I bought a NOS 12 ga and would like to have the barrel cut and threaded for some choke tubes. Is there anyone in AK that does it?
          WHat about just buying replacement barrel?

Comment

Well. He doesn't say what brand and model of shotgun he has, so we don't know if buying another barrel is a practical solution. Maybe it is, and maybe it isn't.
            "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X