Slug barrel on a Remington 11-87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slug barrel on a Remington 11-87

Has anyone had any experience using a slug barrel/with sights on a Remington 11-87 12 gauge? Any pros or cons that you can discuss? Thanks.

They have smooth bore and riffled, rifle sights and cantilever. I have used my sons rifled with the cantilever scope mount. My grandson has the same thing. Results were fine but my two harvests were at only 3-4 yards. Using Remington Copper slugs my son is confident out to 120 yards. My grandson took his buck at 20 yards also using the Rem. Copper slugs with his 11/87. I have used the 870 slug barrels for years and am very confident in their ability. I am not a big fan of the cantilever scope mount. I would rather have the iron sighted version and purchase a Aimtech mount or a B-square mount.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1542475063068.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	2769957 Click image for larger version

Name:	20141115_080315.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	2769958

Attached Files

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
      They have smooth bore and riffled, rifle sights and cantilever. I have used my sons rifled with the cantilever scope mount. My grandson has the same thing. Results were fine but my two harvests were at only 3-4 yards. Using Remington Copper slugs my son is confident out to 120 yards. My grandson took his buck at 20 yards also using the Rem. Copper slugs with his 11/87. I have used the 870 slug barrels for years and am very confident in their ability. I am not a big fan of the cantilever scope mount. I would rather have the iron sighted version and purchase a Aimtech mount or a B-square mount.
      I agree 100% and would note that if someone wanted this barrel......get shopping. Everything pretty much sold out instantly after Remington bankruptcy and being sold off in chunks. Last I checked the barrels "alone" were near $400.00 and that was when Remington was still in business. "Hastings" may also make a barrel for this in 12 ga. they don't in 20 ga.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Did you use an 870 or did you use and 870 slug barrel on your 11-87? Thanks, and those are awesome pictures!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty View Post
          Did you use an 870 or did you use and 870 slug barrel on your 11-87? Thanks, and those are awesome pictures!!!
          The barrels on the 11/87 were, 11/87 barrels made for a semiauto. 11/87 barrels are not interchangeable. I prefer a pump 870 myself and have had several over the years. I was using my sons as I stayed longer than I though, into gun season back East. My go to, wounded bear gun is an 870 with a 20" smooth bore barrel and 600 grain Dixie hard cast slugs.

Patriot Life Member NRA
          Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
          Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X