Quality Fairbanks Gunsmith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality Fairbanks Gunsmith?

I am looking for a gunsmith in Fairbanks to recrown a rifle barrel.
    Any suggestions? Thanks

Gary Junk, Arctic Gunworks.
    Note to self: Don't argue with idiots, it just beings you down to their level where they overwhelm you with their more extensive experience in being an idiot.... and, you can't fix stupid!

Comment

I had bad luck with him in the past on a simple job with my Browning Citori.

Comment

Give Doug Albright a call.
        ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
        The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Is he the gunsmith for Alaska Ammo or does he have a shop in town somewhere?

Comment

I've heard good things about double broomed rifles. I think he is in North Pole.<br/><br/>Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk<br/><br/><br/>
            Last edited by clarktar; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by shotgunner2012 View Post
              Is he the gunsmith for Alaska Ammo or does he have a shop in town somewhere?
              PM sent.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
              I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence

Comment

Damaged or are you wanting to cut it down too? You can touch up a crown with the appropriately sized piloted 60 degree center tool from PTG in about 2 minutes carefully by hand. Results no different than what a GS does and you will not have to be without your firearm for 6 months...<br/><br/>They rent them at 4D Rentals in Montana if you do not want to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by gbflyer View Post
                  Damaged or are you wanting to cut it down too? You can touch up a crown with the appropriately sized piloted 60 degree center tool from PTG in about 2 minutes carefully by hand. Results no different than what a GS does and you will not have to be without your firearm for 6 months...<br/><br/>They rent them at 4D Rentals in Montana if you do not want to buy it.
                  I assume a good gunsmith with a machinist lathe could touch up a crown much better than I could by hand?

The rifle is a Remington 581S bolt action 22, it has a ring of scratches in the throat that likely was caused when the barrel was originally reamed.

I posted this on Rimfire Central and the consensus was that the crown likely is the source of poor accuracy.

Comment

Most rimfire accuracy issues are ammo related in my experience. The crown gets unjustly blamed often times. Can you put up a good picture of the crown?

Comment

Doug cut and crowned a 77-22 for me about 25 years ago. It's a tack driver.

Comment

Originally posted by gbflyer View Post
                        Most rimfire accuracy issues are ammo related in my experience. The crown gets unjustly blamed often times. Can you put up a good picture of the crown?
                        I do not have permission to attached photos on this forum.
                        On rimfire central forum I did post photos:https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1212519&page=3

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X