Remington Mtn Rifle restock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington Mtn Rifle restock

I have a Remington Mountain Rifle with the detachable magazine. It came with a walnut stock which has worked for me over the years but I have found that I leave this gun at home mostly because I don't want to beat the stock up. I would like to swap our the walnut stock for a lighter more durable one. I have looked at several web sights that have the replacement stocks for a mountain rifle but they are not for the detachable magazine. How hard would it be to convert mine from the dm to fit a non dm stock?

Is this something best left for a gunsmith?

Comment

DId it come like that with a DBM when new? The newer models have B&C Stocks on them.

Comment

Manners MCS-SL (super light) are used in custom hunting rifles for Rem 700 and clone actions inletted w/ DBM.

https://mannersstocks.com/hunting-stocks/

Comment

45.308 thanks for the link. They are proud of those stocks.

Comment

Easy. You’ll need a mag box and follower. Also bottom metal for BDL style stock or trigger guard for blind mag. There’s a place online called Stockys that has everything you need including a pretty good selection of stocks. They can deal with McMillan for you as an example or you can call them directly. McMillan also has excellent CS. I speak with them on the phone, there is a gal there who I believe might be part of the ownership that really knows her stuff.

Comment

Yea,,,,, what gbflyer said, this is my Rem. M700BDL Mtn. Rifle, with a Bell & Carlson Stock from Stockys..... Easy-Peasy......
              TG

Click image for larger version

Name:	LJ's Remington .30-06 Mtn. Rifle.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	2761988
              [ USMC 1st Marine Div. 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi ] :topjob:

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X