Change Sights On 1911 In Anchorage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Sights On 1911 In Anchorage?

Is there anyone in Anchorage that can change the front sight blade on my Gold Cup while I stand there? This one is razor sharp and prevents me from using it in my Galco holsters due to cutting into the leather. Want a nice rounded one. Don't want to have to mail to lower 48 just for change. And don't want to wait a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Nitroman; 3 weeks ago.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

There's a gunsmith on Old Seward beside the Wiggy's store, Alaska Custom Firearms. He did a few things for me while I waited. Number is 349-4867.

Comment

I used this smith for a couple easy things. I was having a problem with a shotgun and he said: "that means the spring is about to break"...and it broke as we were trying to duplicate the problem. Charged me $5 for a new spring, no additional charge. Replaced a bead sight on another shotgun, didn't charge for that, asked if I'd pay $25 for a teardown and clean so that he could show his son how to do it.

Good guy, can't speak to his 1911 expertise, but should be competent.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
      Working...
      X