Ruger super redhawk barrel swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruger super redhawk barrel swap?

I have a ruger super redhawk that has the 7 1/2" barrel on it. I want to shorten it up. Is it possible to swap barrels on it or do I have to have a gunsmith cut it down? <br/><br/>Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>

If it was me, I'd sell it and buy one with the barrel length I wanted. You can get a 5 1/2 or a 4.2, plus some real shorties.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Yeah, it's possible to swap, if you can find the shorter barrel you want to use. You might get lucky and have the thread timing work out perfectly so the sight ends up at top dead center and the cylinder gap is correct, or it might require setting it back one turn. Or if the existing cylinder gap and forcing cone are to your liking, you could have it chopped, recrowned, and a new sight installed... It all depends on how much money and effort you want to put into it.
      ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
      I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
      The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Sell it and buy a Toklat model... you will be ahead afterwards. Most smiths are gonna want to do a finish on it after the cut because of the barrel stamped warning. I did it here at the shop off Old Seward and had to fight to pay less than I paid for the original gun. Love my Toklat.
        sigpic

Heavy Hitter Fishing
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X