So I want to re-barrel my Remington 600 308 to 6.5 Creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I want to re-barrel my Remington 600 308 to 6.5 Creedmoor

Too many .308s and the desire to build somewhat of a custom rifle before I'm too **** old to use it. I've been told that a Model Seven is a fairly easy fit, but they come in stainless only AFAIK. What do you guys and girls suggest for a barrel in blue that won't dip too deep into the pension cheque?
    Thanks

Originally posted by salarguy View Post
    Too many .308s and the desire to build somewhat of a custom rifle before I'm too **** old to use it. I've been told that a Model Seven is a fairly easy fit, but they come in stainless only AFAIK. What do you guys and girls suggest for a barrel in blue that won't dip too deep into the pension cheque?
    Thanks
    Not exactly sure what you’re asking. Are you wanting a factory take-off or custom barrel? There are various custom manufacturers that build 4130 chromoly and stainless. If you’re looking for a take off eBay is usually loaded with them. Some blue some stainless. I believe Remington barrel tenons are all the same, so yes a Model 7 barrel should fit your 600 action but it probably wouldn’t headspace correctly. The contour might be different and not fit your stock. Usually very economical to buy that way but would still require fitting by someone familiar with the process and having the right tools. Usually the money is better spent on a custom. That’s why there are takeoffs for sale[emoji1]

Am I close?

Comment

Yes very close. I live in Canada where 6.5CR take offs are hens teeth, importing from the US is a no no. I'm told the Model Seven sporter contour is vey close. My gunsmith friend is talking to Remington to try to purchase a new, non take off 6.5 barrel and also checking with some custom barrel makers, but even tho the US dollar is 1.26 X Canadian dollars they want 2.38 x to ship to a Canadian gunsmith. Not sure what the cause is but that's the dilema?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
      Working...
      X