Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iofthetaiga
    replied
    I'm still partial to using a thing called a "phone book"...but I guess most people prefer to google these days. Maybe not?

Leave a comment:

• LeonardC
    replied
    shotgunner2012: you can contact him via PM. I see he posted in the Shooting Forum, "How much ammo can you take on Alaska Airlines?" Post #10. I'm sure there is an easier way, but that should work.

Leave a comment:

• shotgunner2012
    replied
    Originally posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    I had gunbugs cut and recrown a 458 Winchester on 98 mauser platform and put some express sights on the old girl. His work was absolutely 1st rate!

I'll vouch for him any old day!
    He works out of his home? PHONE NUMBER or EMAIL? THANKS!

Leave a comment:

• akiceman25
    replied
    Deviant Arms most recent Facebook post dated Jan 30... "Apologetically as of Feb 1 2020, we will be closed to the general public".

Leave a comment:

• TOMCOD
    replied
    Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
    I knew a contractor once that named his business "Woodbutcher Construction".
    There once was a used car dealership in East Missoula called "The Lemon Orchard".

Leave a comment:

• 4merguide
    replied
    Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Those were my exact first thoughts, too, but I bit my tongue.
    I knew a contractor once that named his business "Woodbutcher Construction".

Leave a comment:

• iofthetaiga
    replied
    Originally posted by AKBEE View Post
    I know nothing about Deviant Arms other than this post, however I donít think I would ever choose to do business with a company name like that!
    Those were my exact first thoughts, too, but I bit my tongue.

Leave a comment:

• AKBEE
    replied
    I know nothing about Deviant Arms other than this post, however I donít think I would ever choose to do business with a company name like that!
    Best of luck getting the rifle squared away.

Leave a comment:

replied
    My comment was not dig at gunbugs either. Their are few good smiths up here, gunbugs up north couple here in the valley and couple in anchorage why folks don't do more research is beyond me. If no one up here meets ones requirement send the gun out of state to reputable smith, but that would require research on ones part.

Leave a comment:

• elmerkeithclone
    replied
    I had gunbugs cut and recrown a 458 Winchester on 98 mauser platform and put some express sights on the old girl. His work was absolutely 1st rate!

I'll vouch for him any old day!

Leave a comment:

• iofthetaiga
    replied
    Originally posted by 323 View Post
    I hear gunbugs is good, I never seen any of his work.
    Gunbugs is a good gun mechanic. I won't speak for him, but he's a standup guy, and he'll readily speak for himself as to what level of work he will or will not undertake...but by my experience, he won't undertake anything he's not fully qualified to accomplish appropriately. Never heard of the other outfit.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Comes a point where you just have to send stuff out of state.. I hear gunbugs is good, I never seen any of his work.

Leave a comment:

• tundrawooky
    started a topic Avoid Deviant Arms, Fairbanks

Avoid Deviant Arms, Fairbanks

This "shop" ruined my rifle that was a simple mauser rebarrel project.
    They held onto it for 8 months, cut the chamber to deep, messed up the bolt handle then refused to let me speak to the owner or privide a refund. During the time it was at the shop i could never get ahold of anyone, i had to drive to fairbanks in person to check on my rifle and half the time it was closed.

Finally i had enough of the excuses and took my property away from them. I sent certified mail to the buisness which was returned.

Stay away from this place

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X