Avoid Deviant Arms, Fairbanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoid Deviant Arms, Fairbanks

This "shop" ruined my rifle that was a simple mauser rebarrel project.
    They held onto it for 8 months, cut the chamber to deep, messed up the bolt handle then refused to let me speak to the owner or privide a refund. During the time it was at the shop i could never get ahold of anyone, i had to drive to fairbanks in person to check on my rifle and half the time it was closed.

Finally i had enough of the excuses and took my property away from them. I sent certified mail to the buisness which was returned.

Stay away from this place

Comes a point where you just have to send stuff out of state.. I hear gunbugs is good, I never seen any of his work.

Comment

Originally posted by 323 View Post
      I hear gunbugs is good, I never seen any of his work.
      Gunbugs is a good gun mechanic. I won't speak for him, but he's a standup guy, and he'll readily speak for himself as to what level of work he will or will not undertake...but by my experience, he won't undertake anything he's not fully qualified to accomplish appropriately. Never heard of the other outfit.
      ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
      I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
      The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

I had gunbugs cut and recrown a 458 Winchester on 98 mauser platform and put some express sights on the old girl. His work was absolutely 1st rate!

I'll vouch for him any old day!

Comment

My comment was not dig at gunbugs either. Their are few good smiths up here, gunbugs up north couple here in the valley and couple in anchorage why folks don't do more research is beyond me. If no one up here meets ones requirement send the gun out of state to reputable smith, but that would require research on ones part.

Comment

I know nothing about Deviant Arms other than this post, however I donít think I would ever choose to do business with a company name like that!
            Best of luck getting the rifle squared away.

Comment

Originally posted by AKBEE View Post
              I know nothing about Deviant Arms other than this post, however I donít think I would ever choose to do business with a company name like that!
              Those were my exact first thoughts, too, but I bit my tongue.
              ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
              I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
              The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                Those were my exact first thoughts, too, but I bit my tongue.
                I knew a contractor once that named his business "Woodbutcher Construction".
                Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
                  I knew a contractor once that named his business "Woodbutcher Construction".
                  There once was a used car dealership in East Missoula called "The Lemon Orchard".
                  I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Comment

Deviant Arms most recent Facebook post dated Jan 30... "Apologetically as of Feb 1 2020, we will be closed to the general public".
                    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X