"new" 9.3x62 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "new" 9.3x62 build

Is it possible to simply rechamber a..30-06 to 9.3x62 or would that make the barrel too thin? Would a Remington 783 be a strong enough action for a build like this? ( I know there are numerous other options that would by far be better but I am trying to keep cost down on this build.)

I think I would opt for a Rem. 700 over a 783, and have JES rebore it for you. http://35caliber.com/

Comment

A quick search of both 700 and 783 in
      9.3x62 reviled no hits on the 783 but quite a few conversions on the 700. Seems the 700 is the more popular conversion.

Patriot Life Member NRA
      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
      Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Measure muzzle end and ask whoever you are going to do rebore. I had Pacnor match my barrel profile LH Win 70 270 Win to 9.3 X 62 rebarrel.

Who ever is doing rebore will decide if there is enough material to safely rebore, I would use a action that has some retained value for future resale.

Comment

Originally posted by kk alaska View Post
          Measure muzzle end and ask whoever you are going to do rebore. I had Pacnor match my barrel profile LH Win 70 270 Win to 9.3 X 62 rebarrel.

Who ever is doing rebore will decide if there is enough material to safely rebore, I would use a action that has some retained value for future resale.
          JES is good about this, he will want that info when you speak with him and will tell you whether it's a viable option or not. I would trust his judgment on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Forager View Post
            JES is good about this, he will want that info when you speak with him and will tell you whether it's a viable option or not. I would trust his judgment on that.
            I was on another forum about the same topic, and someone contacted him about reboring .270 to 9.3x62. He said it should not be a problem as the majority of the .30-06 and .270 barrels have the same contour. As much as I would love a 9.3x62 that project is on hold for now. I got an unexpected bill yesterday for over $2000. I was just about to pull the trigger on a new scope until that news.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X