No announcement yet.

Ruger Blackhawk hammer springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you take the transfer bar out, it won't go bang. The transfer bar is what "transfers" the hammer strike to the firing pin.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
      I believe Ruger uses the same spring regardless of hammer type. I've swapped hammers around several times without issue. First thing I would do is put the factory spring back in and see what happens. My limited experience, FWIW: every time I've tried aftermarket springs I've been disappointed and ended up going back to factory.
      I put the original spring back in and it works fine. I left the trigger part of it with the shims and lighter spring and left the hammer shims installed. There is a big difference in the dent in the primer.

Comment

Originally posted by gunbugs View Post
        If you take the transfer bar out, it won't go bang. The transfer bar is what "transfers" the hammer strike to the firing pin.
        Thanks ya saved me some time! I was just going to take the guy at his word but after reading your post and then cocking the hammer on my BH while watching the transfer bar...it is kind of obvious. I should have just sent the darned thing to you to start with but then what would I do after supper in the evenings...work puzzles like my Dad has done every night for the last 20 years? Not for me!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X