Tikka T3 Caliber Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tikka T3 Caliber Change?

I'm wondering if my Stainless T3 Lite in 300 WSM can be bored-out and chambered to 325 WSM? Or would the barrel have to be replaced and if so are there aftermarket barrels even available?

You should be able to go either direction. One of the reboring outfits can rebore the existing barrel, or you can just rebarrel the action with a new tube. I would generally choose rebarreling, as then I can choose weight and length, contour, etc. of the new barrel.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Comment

virtually every barrel MAKER does 8mm - one thing to consider with reboring is that most do cut rifling for the new bore, which is a very clean way to rifle a barrel with low stresses - JES in Cottage Grove OR does it that way but the last I talked to him the smallest he did was .338 but you might check with him

Comment

I have developed a "bug" about what to do with one of the 2 Tikka superlight 7mm RM's I have ended up with - I am seriously considering having JES rebore one (the less accurate of the 2 "if" I can determine that) to 338 Win Mag - He does absolutely outstanding work and for a reasonable price - it certainly is a LOVE/HATE relationship with "rifles" !!

Comment

Has anyone taken a tikka superlight to a 338-06? any concerns with doing this?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X