Anchorage area Mauser smiths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchorage area Mauser smiths

So, I've gotten the point in my mauser build that I need a prop with the right tools to install and headspace a new barrel for me, as well as clean up the action and bolt face so the new setup shoots decent. Who in the anchorage area is known the best for their mauser skills? would also like to have the whole think parkerized while its there, so that would help too.

Stan Jackson.

Comment

Dennis Beam in the butte does parking and bluing.

Comment

Stan Jackson is the only one that I would let work on my MAUSER Guide Rifles.

Originally posted by KelsonAK View Post
        Stan Jackson.
        "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

I've seen a few rifles built by Andy Hawk that were very nicely done, and he'd be my first choice in an Anchorage smith.

Cleaning up and barreling a Mauser isn't some lost art, the smith simply has to go to effort to set up the action and barrel properly.
          Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Comment

Yup any gunsmith should have the tooling for and no trouble with a Mauser.
            Andy
            On the web= C-lazy-F.co
            Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
            Call/Text 602-315-2406
            Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by winibezold View Post
              So, I've gotten the point in my mauser build that I need a prop with the right tools to install and headspace a new barrel for me, as well as clean up the action and bolt face so the new setup shoots decent. Who in the anchorage area is known the best for their mauser skills? would also like to have the whole think parkerized while its there, so that would help too.
              If it's just a new barrel, blue printing etc. Mighty Fine, but if you are changing cartridges, to one that is quite different, the need for Mauser expertise is probably needed to make it feed properly.

Gunsmiths have different skills, and prefer some things over other things. They even farm out certain things to another gunsmith. It's best, to talk to them about such things.

Smitty of the North
              Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
              Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
              You can't out-give God.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X