Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kimber 84M Montana rebarrel. Who is the best Gunsmith for this Job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kimber 84M Montana rebarrel. Who is the best Gunsmith for this Job.

I have a Kimber 84M Montana I would like to have rebarreled. The Smith will be using the 6.5 mm 1:9 twist stainless fluted ultra light contour barrel in select match grade I ordered from HS Precision. The barrel needs to be threaded to the action, chambered, extractor cut, spaced and cut to 22" and then crowned. I would then like it bedded in the Kimber stock. The Smith does not have to be local but it is preferred. I live in Wasilla. The caliber is to be .260 Rem.

Thanks for your help.

I would think Wild West Guns would be the one to ask

Comment

I have had the kid at wwg's rebarrel several rifles. They all have turned out great.

Comment

Originally posted by seant View Post
        I have had the kid at wwg's rebarrel several rifles. They all have turned out great.
        Do you know the kid at WWG's name?

Comment

I have done 5 of these Kimber 84M Montana rifles over the last 6 years. The work has been done by Kevin Weaver (Weaver Rifles) out of Peyton CO. I had the actions trued, Lilja Contoured (to the factory Kimber 84 factory contour) SS match grade barrels chambered, fit, crowned, and fluted. Ceramic coating applied to all metal surfaces. I do my own action pillar bedding, but Kevin can also do this for you. The calibers I have done are the following: 243 AI, 25/243 AI, 260 AI, 7mm/08 AI and a standard 308. All shoot great. Kevin does great work, very friendly and a competent gunsmith, specializing in hunting rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by woodbnek View Post
            Do you know the kid at WWG's name?
            Brian, he's the tall skinny guy.

Comment

Ya gots to ask for...."The Kid"

Comment

Thank guys. Got the info I needed.

Comment

In Wasilla try Bob Padie at Arctic Custom Guns. Think he has a web site and he is in the phone book. I had him do a .458 for me and he did a good job. Gun shoots well and the price was right.

Comment

Originally posted by woodbnek View Post
                    Thank guys. Got the info I needed.
                    What you plan on hunting with your Kimber once you get it finished? The 260 Rem. sounds like a nice cartridge. What scope?

Comment

I have used the .260 for all deer sized game and black bears. All my kids shoot the .260 Rem. In 2011 we killed one
                      Manitoba Whitetail and one PWS black bear using the .260. For 2012 we will use it for Caribou, Black Bear and Kodiak black tail deer. My favorite carry rifles are all chambered in the .260 Remington. This will be my fourth rifle chambered as such. Very accurate, a soft report and great ballistics. I favor the 120 gr Barnes TTSX. I top my .260 Rem Rifles with a Nikon Monarch 2x8x32 BDC or the Leupold UL 3x9x33.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X