Polar Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post

Not quite....you got part of it right though. I'm not a liberal, but I sure as hell was against Pebble!
    Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by mark knapp View Post

Merry Christmas!
      And to you too my friend!!!
      Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

I find it amusing that so many people who have never seen a wild polar bear can claim to know that they are going extinct.lol<br/>I've seen over a dozen polar bears in the wild here in Alaska.<br/>I've even got pictures to prove it.<br/>Last sighting was a year ago this month.<br/>Science tells us that there have been at least 5 ice ages in the past.<br/>That means the earth has also had 5 warming cycles.<br/>Now people want to blame man for all of this?lol<br/>Heck they've found evidence of palm trees that grew on the north slope.<br/>Anyone remember this Grolar bear shot in canada a few years back?<br/>Kind of an interesting story.<br/>https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/84816934?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQAr ABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16085344443218&amp_ct=1608534457714 &referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.co m%2Fstory%2Fnews%2Fnation-now%2F2016%2F05%2F23%2Fgrizzly-polar-bear-hybrid-killed-canada%2F84816934%2F<br/><br/>Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
        "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
          Science tells us...
          ...that humans are changing the Earth's ecosystem at a rate that has not occurred since last time the planet was struck by a large asteroid. Science tells us when that happened most of the life on the planet was exterminated. Science tells us that anecdotal reports of an individual human having witnessed the existence of a few polar bears today does not mean jack regarding the likelihood of the future survival of the polar bear as a species.
          ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
          I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
          The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
            ...that humans are changing the Earth's ecosystem at a rate that has not occurred since last time the planet was struck by a large asteroid. Science tells us when that happened most of the life on the planet was exterminated. Science tells us that anecdotal reports of an individual human having witnessed the existence of a few polar bears today does not mean jack regarding the likelihood of the future survival of the polar bear as a species.
            https://www.fraserinstitute.org/article/putting-the-con-in-consensus-not-only-is-there-no-97-per-cent-consensus-among-climate-scientists-many-misunderstand-core-issues<br/><br/><br/>A quote from that article:<br/><br/>"What can we take away from all this? First, lots of people get called “climate experts” and contribute to the appearance of consensus, without necessarily being knowledgeable about core issues. A consensus among the misinformed is not worth much.<br/><br/>Second, it is obvious that the “97%” mantra is untrue. The underlying issues are so complex it is ludicrous to expect unanimity. The near 50/50 split among AMS members on the role of greenhouse gases is a much more accurate picture of the situation. The phoney claim of 97% consensus is mere political rhetoric aimed at stifling debate and intimidating people into silence."<br/><br/><br/>Apparently not all scientists agree with your opinion. And it certainly isn't the oft quoted 97%!<br/><br/><br/><br/>Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>

Comment

...that humans are changing the Earth's ecosystem at a rate that has not occurred since last time the planet was struck by a large asteroid.
              Sudden rapid climate change is the norm, the last time the climate suddenly and rapidly changed WAS NOT caused by a large asteroid nor was it caused by man, science tells us this...see post #18. Why do you deny science when it does not agree with your opinion?
              “I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan54 View Post

Sudden rapid climate change is the norm, the last time the climate suddenly and rapidly changed WAS NOT caused by a large asteroid nor was it caused by man, science tells us this...see post #18. Why do you deny science when it does not agree with your opinion?
                I'm not denying anything. Compare the historical graph of normal temperature fluctuation with the graph of historical atmospheric carbon dioxide levels for correlation. Locate the relatively small temperature fluctuation event that resulted in the mass extinction of the dinosaurs. Consider the current level and trend of human caused atmospheric carbon dioxide, its implications for corollary temperature, and render a scientifically logical projected outcome for the current ecosystem and the human species.
                ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
                  <br/><br/>Actually, your comment is intended to be a joke but honestly I have often thought that the key to solving any increase in CO2 levels is not to reduce possible sources, because there are endless sources of CO2, some natural (ocean, melting permafrost, people and animals breathing lol etc.) and some man-made (automobile emissions etc.), but rather designing a method to remove excess CO2, whether naturally through more plants (photosynthesis removes CO2 from the atmosphere) being planted, or man-made (designing some type of technology that can artificially simulate photosynthesis). Ironically, the people that do most of the complaining (I'm not going to point fingers and turn this into a political pissing match) are the people who live in mostly urban areas that drive lots of automobiles and live in concrete jungles with no trees. If they really want to make a difference, perhaps they should move someplace rural, start walking to work and plant a garden. LOL
                  Conoco Phillips actually developed a process whereby they inject CO2 into underground hydrates replacing a methane molecule with a CO2 molecule.<br/>Then they were then able to capture that methane molecule as useable natural gas.<br/>It's still new technology that needs refinement.<br/>But it does two good things.<br/>Gets rid of CO2 and we get more natural gas<br/>Oh those big bad oil companies though!lol<br/>https://www.adn.com/business-economy...thane-hydrate/

Comment

I'm not denying anything. Compare the historical graph of normal temperature fluctuation with the graph of historical atmospheric carbon dioxide levels for correlation. Locate the relatively small temperature fluctuation event that resulted in the mass extinction of the dinosaurs. Consider the current level and trend of human caused atmospheric carbon dioxide, its implications for corollary temperature, and render a scientifically logical projected outcome for the current ecosystem and the human species.
                    If you insist that the last time the global temperature saw a sudden and rapid rise was when a large asteroid hit the earth then, yes you are denying both history and science.

Atmospheric carbon has been shown to be a lagging indicator to sudden and rapid climate change. These sudden and rapid temperature changes have caused mass extinction events, on that we can agree.

As far as a few degree rise in temperature over hundreds of years causing the extinction of the human race, not likely. Humans inhabit climates with temperature ranging from -90 degrees F all the way to 130 degrees F, a 220 degree temperature range. Maybe, maybe a few more areas of the globe climb to 135 degree F making them less hospitable, but then the colder areas would necessarily warm making them ever more hospitable. It's much more likely that a solar event, or a virus, or mutually assured destruction, or the large asteroid like the one you previously mentioned wipes humanity off the face of the earth than a few degrees of warming of our global climate.
                    “I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

I thought the asteroid killed the dinosaurs. After being part of the Mt St Helens eruption, I can imagine that the meteorite or whatever hit the earth would have put enough debris in the atmosphere to block out sunlight needed for plant growth. They starved.
                      Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
                        ...They starved.
                        Yup.......

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X