Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell Trump No to Pebble

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tell Trump No to Pebble

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/tellpresidenttrump
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

  • #2
    It will be interesting when the mining claims are sold to a China mining corporation. Hello......Yankee. We control 90% of your medications. New plan......if yankee want medication, china request instant mining permits.
    "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
      It will be interesting when the mining claims are sold to a China mining corporation. Hello......Yankee. We control 90% of your medications. New plan......if yankee want medication, china request instant mining permits.
      It will be "interesting". When are "the mining claims" being sold?

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree, 4mer, I am a registered republican and a Trump supporter. That being said, I've never understood how anyone but some wealthy Canadians benefits from Pebble. It's a disaster waiting to happen in one of the most ecologically important areas in the state if not in the world. And I signed it! Thanks for sharing.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
          .....It's a disaster waiting to happen in one of the most ecologically important areas in the state if not in the world....
          When you also take into consideration the seismic activity in the area as well, then there is a very good chance for that. The track records of many of these "safe" mines really makes one think why in the world anybody would even think about taking that chance here???!!! It's ludicrous!

          Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            It's that time once again!!! http://www.savebristolbay.org/tellpresidenttrump
            Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Seems like the proposed mine has answered all of the questions and then some, they cut the proposed site in half. We are a mixed use resource development state and during this current covid situation we should all understand how a diversified economy helps. They will still need to figure out if the norther route through lands that have sworn no access will work of if they will be using boats. Guess we will see what tomorrow brings.
              I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Physicist ― Richard Feynman

              Comment


              • #8
                Signed it, thanks Dave!<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Patsfan54 View Post
                  Seems like the proposed mine has answered all of the questions and then some, they cut the proposed site in half. We are a mixed use resource development state and during this current covid situation we should all understand how a diversified economy helps. They will still need to figure out if the norther route through lands that have sworn no access will work of if they will be using boats. Guess we will see what tomorrow brings.
                  For now. It's a transparent attempt to appease people. But if this mine is built, only a fool would believe that somewhere down the road they won't expand into the other areas of known mineralization.

                  The saving grace at the moment, and for at least a while, is that this mine does not even come close to penciling out economically. The price of copper would have to go up a lot before someone with real money would be interested in it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Patsfan54 View Post
                    Seems like the proposed mine has answered all of the questions and then some......
                    Personally I don't care what questions they answer. Mother nature can, and very often shows her own agenda all over this planet, REGARDLESS of what we think we have/had all planned out. Other than completely encapsulating the WHOLE da*n mine....tailings pond and all in about 10 feet of reinforced concrete would I ever believe this thing to be even remotely safe. Again, don't get me wrong, I am NOT an environmentalist bunny hugger. I believe in industry for Alaska. It needs it. Just not here in this location, ie, IT IS TOO BIG OF A RISK TO TAKE...PERIOD!!! I mean, what part of "ONE OF THE GREATEST FISHERIES IN THE WORLD" don't these people understand???!!!

                    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 4merguide View Post

                      Personally I don't care what questions they answer.
                      Enough said.
                      I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Physicist ― Richard Feynman

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Earth filled dams are similar to engines on first generation piston powered helicopters. It is not a question of if they will fail but when. A lake of toxic waste held back by an earth filled dam set at the headwaters of the most productive of salmon watersheds you say? What could possibly go wrong?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
                          IT IS TOO BIG OF A RISK TO TAKE...PERIOD!!! I mean, what part of "ONE OF THE GREATEST FISHERIES IN THE WORLD" don't these people understand???!!!
                          They. Don't. Care.

                          They are NEVER going to suddenly see the light and develop a sense of environmental/social responsibility. Never. Not ever. The sooner we dispense with that false hope and recognize them as the single focused, immoral, greed driven enemy they are, and begin treating them as such, the better.

                          ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                          I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                          The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Patsfan54 View Post

                            Enough said.
                            That's right, because there is nothing they can tell me that they THINK they know that will make this mine 100% safe. Why? Because they can't.
                            Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I’m ready to see what this mine is all about. It’s time.

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X