Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is ALASKA OIL in the TEENS.......??? Just asking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is ALASKA OIL in the TEENS.......??? Just asking.

WTI oil is $22.00 and isn't Alaska oil generally lower.
    "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

ANS Crude Price

ANS crude is generally above WTI and normally tracks pretty close to or slightly above Brent crude price. If you look here http://tax.alaska.gov/programs/oil/d.../dailyoil.aspx it shows that lately it has been between WTI and Brent.

As of noon today on 3/18 WTI is approx $22/bbl and Brent is $26/bbl, so I would expect ANS to be somewhere in between, likely in the $24-25 range.

If I was a legislator or anyone dealing with the Alaska budget I would be freaking out right about now. For a frame of reference ANS was trading at $67.91/bbl on 12/31/2019. The loss of revenue to the state is going to be substantial.
    “The mountains are calling and I must go.” - John Muir

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

It's gonna get ugly. Think mid 80's for a reference. You could buy a 4 plex for 40K.
      Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
        It's gonna get ugly. Think mid 80's for a reference. You could buy a 4 plex for 40K.
        Yes.......I have been surprised at the lack of interest in this thread. They are going to be poleaxed at what is coming. On top of which, the Massive National Depression starts in twelve days. J.P. Morgan Chase just forecast a stunning "Negative" 14.4% GDP for the second quarter. HELL is coming to Alaska.

This time we will need three super oil tanker spills in Prince William Sound.

Comment

Agree this is gonna get bad real quick. Conoco has already changed their 2020 plans and I bet BP is not far behind. This buy out with Hilcorp may get nasty too if everything has not been confirmed. Russian and Saudi are squeezing and this other crap going on is gonna push oil pretty low. Say by by PFD and soon to come state tax.
          "Nothing worse than a GROUSE!!!"

Comment

yeah and add to already announced reduced cruise ships up here, with more cancellations likely on the way. I'd assume less people will be flying up here unless something changes drastically in the next month or two. It's going to be very rough for our state.

Comment

How are the charter boats looking for this summer? Busy, cancellations, bookings up/down?
              Do they rely on cruise ships or bookings at the Sportsmans show, etc...?
              Bk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              BK Marine Services 232-6399
              Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
              Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
              Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Originally posted by a2thak View Post
                yeah and add to already announced reduced cruise ships up here, with more cancellations likely on the way. I'd assume less people will be flying up here unless something changes drastically in the next month or two. It's going to be very rough for our state.
                Nearly everything as far as business is going to be total 100% "STOP". Commercial Fishing, especially Processing.....Stop. Guided Hunts......Stop. Fly out hunts, Stop. Russian river shoulder to shoulder......Stop. Rafting companies........Stop. Any place where humans will be near another human......Stops.

Unemployment could jump to 30% or 41%. For those who missed the fun 80's in Alaska, 77% of our banks and credit unions went bankrupt. Homes that had sold for $164,700.00 were instantly available for $14,600.00 and no buyers. FDIC was the largest home owner in Alaska.

It was interesting........all those who loudly proclaimed it would not effect them........were soon unemployed and sending the house "Keys" to the bank, and heading down the Alcan Hwy. totally "Broke", and filing bankruptcy.

The thing about a depression is that it is mentally "Depressing"........for everyone.

Comment

With challenges come opportunities.

Comment

[QUOTE=AGL4now;1679236]
                    It was interesting........all those who loudly proclaimed it would not effect them........were soon unemployed and sending the house "Keys" to the bank, and heading down the Alcan Hwy. totally "Broke",

Driving Down the Alcan Hiway, can't do that now,,,,,, it's CLOSED, just talked to a friend of mine on his Sat-phone, turned back @ the Alaska-Canada Border, their in Tok having Coffee,,,,, now what..........were land locked. :flybye:
                    TG:topjob:
                    Last edited by The German; 03-19-2020, 10:00. Reason: Spelling
                    [ USMC 1st Marine Div. 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi ] :topjob:

Comment

We have a lot of resources. It’s gonna be bumpy but we’re gonna be OK. I predict people coming together like nothing we’ve ever seen. Sure nice to see the partisan bickering get tamped-down so there’s an immediate good thing. Sometimes we need a good swift kick to affect positive change.

Comment

Originally posted by akgriz View Post
                        With challenges come opportunities.

We need a reset to remember what the hard times were. Maybe get rid of the slackers during the hard times. This things is nation wide, world wide, if you cant find income here you wont find it anywhere. The herd will be getting thinner and thats a good thing... (meaning people moving outside, NOT people dying)

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                          We need a reset to remember what the hard times were. Maybe get rid of the slackers during the hard times. This things is nation wide, world wide, if you cant find income here you wont find it anywhere. The herd will be getting thinner and thats a good thing... (meaning people moving outside, NOT people dying)
                          Going to be lot of death also. This will be a very large "Reset".

Comment

I was just over in Anchorage and paid $2.48 for diesel in Palmer. At the pump in Valdez it is $2.57. Normally there is a 45-55 cents difference. Can't wait to fuel up the boat.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                            Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                            Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

BP just announced they are shutting down both their rigs they got running. It gonna get really slow on the slope!
                              "Nothing worse than a GROUSE!!!"

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X