Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stand With BHA and just say NO to Pebble...!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand With BHA and just say NO to Pebble...!!!

Time to take action!

https://www.backcountryhunters.org/t...tryhunters#/86
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

If you've signed the letter to our representatives then I thank you. If not, and if you don't want this thing to become a reality, then I urge you to take action in some way or another. It will only take a couple minutes of your time to send this letter via BHA. Thank you!

Comment

Our newly- elected representative held a town hall meeting in Homer today, during which she declined to condemn Pebble, and said the project deserves "due process"....she also sits on the House Fisheries Committee. People here are dumbfounded....
      "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

Being informed on what the actual plan is and what it will potentially do carries much more weight than the decade plus of anti development propaganda. Before registering your complaints with the powers that be, make sure you are informed on what it is you are addressing.

If you are opposed to or for the Pebble Mine Prospect you need to address your concerns to the appropriate government agencies. To be sure, Back Country Hunters aren't "the powers that be".
        “I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

BHA, TU, are top shelf outdoor orgs, who IMHO best represent Alaskan Outdoors Interests, and they're doing yeoman's work in getting outdoorsmen and women informed and involved. Terrific to see them in the forefront on Pebble, makes me happy to send in my membership dues to 'em to be sure.

cdubbin, I watched the livestream of our representative, it was an absolute embarrassment.
          “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
          "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Comment

Yes they are doing good work. An email I just received from them:

Together we've done it!

Years of hard work by so many sportsmenand women – public land owners one and all – have resulted in a stunning win for our public lands. Yesterday, the U.S. House of Representatives followed the Senate’s lead and voted to pass S. 47,the Natural Resources Management Act, a massive package of conservation and access bills. In addition to permanently reauthorizing the Land and Water Conservation Fund, S.47 features numerous conservation priorities of BHA and our partners in the hunting and fishing community. I can’t thank you enough for your advocacy and dedication to achieving this victory. This bipartisan show of support for conservation, public access and our outdoor opportunities came about only because committed sportsmen and women like you stepped up to defend our birthright.We at BHA now encourage the president totake notice of the House and Senate votes and sign S. 47 into law.Yesterday’s vote by the House – 363-62,coming on the heels of the Senate’s overwhelming 92-8 vote – proves that our public lands and waters are a cornerstone upon which legislators from both parties can come together. This is a watershed moment for North American conservation in the21stcentury!Takea moment to thank your elected officials who voted for this historicpublic lands package.Thank you again for your commitment to our public lands, waters and wildlife. Please continue to supportBHA so we can keep these wins coming!Onward!
            Land Tawney

Comment

Another link to Trout Unlimited: https://tu.org/blog-posts/protecting...ne-is-personal

And to take action: http://standup.tu.org/save-bristol-b...690.1551651184

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X