No announcement yet.

Trump and ANWR...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You answered your own question....sort of. The civil war was no more than over and the slaves that were freed were now rounded up by Union officers and assigned duty to slaughter Indians....men, women and children. Many of the Buffalo Soldiers remembered where it was that they came from and showed compassion on the Indians.

Comment

Holy revisionist history.
      “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
      "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Comment

It would be nice to see ANWR opened up.
        The oilfield foorprint there woukd be so small compared to the ovetall size of ANWR. And with modern technologies like directional drilling the footprints get smaller and smaller.
        I've heard the oilfoeld would encompass roughly 1,000 acres of the 19.287 million acres that make up ANWR.
        I once watched a presentation on North Slope wildlife by some people who studied them.
        According to their maps everywhere there were pipelines Caribou were doing good. Where there were no pipelines they were struggling. Seemed an odd coincidence.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
        "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
          We clearly need to do something about the state revenue situation, but I'm not clear on the rationale behind increasing production during a period of low prices.
          Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

Comment

Originally posted by tvfinak View Post
            Alaska's rural residents will greatly benefit as always without any real effort or sacrifice on their part.

How many rural residents could survive without their PFDs and the benefits provided from the state's oil revenues?
            At one time Alaska's rural residents did fine on their own.
            Then came state and federal subsidies to "help" them.
            Now it seems any village with 10 or more people in it wants subsidised water/waste water in their homes and electricity too.
            Many of those independant people are gone and the new generations would likely suffer without the handouts the governments both state and federal give them.
            There is no way many of these rural communities could afford the true cost of these projects.
            And you don't ever hear of them turning these handouts down do you?
            Nope they keep begging for more claiming they can't survive unless the government steps in to rescue their village.

Comment

Originally posted by mlshore View Post
              We clearly need to do something about the state revenue situation, but I'm not clear on the rationale behind increasing production during a period of low prices.
              If you start planning and construction now, years from now when it's done prices will likely be higher and all they need to do is open the valves and flip the switches.
              It takes years to develop such things and get all neccesary permits etc.
              You don't start building your tourist shop in July do you?
              No you build before they show up so your ready to open your door when they finally arrive.

Comment

If you start planning and construction now, years from now when it's done prices will likely be higher....
                No......but you pretty much know the tourists are gonna come. I think the oil people take a little different approach when somebody says...."prices will "likely" be higher"....that's a pretty big "IF" in this day in age. But for what it's worth, I think ANWR should have been opened up long ago....at least to directional drilling from offshore......
                Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

wildlife at Prudhoe..

I first worked at Prudhoe Bay for SOHIO back in 1981. There was plenty of wildlife then, and it has only increased in numbers.

The caribou have especially prospered in the oil fields, primarily because they aren't being slaughtered by "subsistence" hunters on 4 wheelers and snow machines with high powered rifles exactly like their ancestors have been doing for 1000s of years.

I see now reason why the wildlife in AMWR won't likewise prosper with good resource management.

The oilfield foorprint there woukd be so small compared to the ovetall size of ANWR. And with modern technologies like directional drilling the footprints get smaller and smaller.
                  I've heard the oilfoeld would encompass roughly 1,000 acres of the 19.287 million acres that make up ANWR.
                  I once watched a presentation on North Slope wildlife by some people who studied them.
                  According to their maps everywhere there were pipelines Caribou were doing good. Where there were no pipelines they were struggling. Seemed an odd coincidence.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
                  Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
                  ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Comment

If you start planning and construction now, years from now when it's done prices will likely be higher and all they need to do is open the valves and flip the switches.
                    It takes years to develop such things and get all neccesary permits etc.
                    No you build before they show up so your ready to open your door when they finally arrive.
                    Well, we also know that demand for oil is dropping, which is going to tend to keep prices low as well. I think we need to be pretty hard-nosed and tough-minded about the economics of the situation, given what's going on with the state budget. Of course that's not as much about ANWR as it is about our dependency on oil to keep the state in business.
                    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
                      No......but you pretty much know the tourists are gonna come. I think the oil people take a little different approach when somebody says...."prices will "likely" be higher"....that's a pretty big "IF" in this day in age. But for what it's worth, I think ANWR should have been opened up long ago....at least to directional drilling from offshore......
                      Sure but will there be 10,000 or 100,000 or 1,000,000 tourists? It's all a guess isn't it?
                      When ANWR is ready to come online will oil be $40bbl? $80bbl? $100bbl?
                      Can't say as I know.
                      But I do know labor is a bit cheaper now and prices of materials will only go up over time.
                      If it were me and the opportunity arose for ANWR I would jump on it.
                      Especially since the odds are good the next president will likely not be so eager to open it up.

Comment

Originally posted by mlshore View Post
                        Well, we also know that demand for oil is dropping, which is going to tend to keep prices low as well. I think we need to be pretty hard-nosed and tough-minded about the economics of the situation, given what's going on with the state budget. Of course that's not as much about ANWR as it is about our dependency on oil to keep the state in business.
                        The demand isn't dropping globally.
                        Especially as other countries such as China see more people affording cars and driving.
                        There is a glut of oil as Saidi Arabia has decided to regain their market share and shut down what was an aggressive drilling program in the US in the Bakken,Eagleford, and elsewhere.
                        Plus Iranian sanctions were recently lifted so they also flooded the market.
                        This over supply has reduced prices.
                        Eventually things will settle out at prices higher than they are now.
                        Where that is though is anybody's guess.

Comment

Haha....

"– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

cdubbin,
                            I'm not 100% sure your posted chart denies optimism. The blue bars aren't an actual "decrease" in production. Rather it is a decrease in the increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Derby06 View Post
                              cdubbin,
                              I'm not 100% sure your posted chart denies optimism. The blue bars aren't an actual "decrease" in production. Rather it is a decrease in the increase.
                              Exactly. The rate of increase is decreasing, but that still means that total demand is growing. As long as that bar graph posts positive numbers, demand is increasing decade over decade.

Comment

wild speculation

Anything over 5 or 10 years in the future is wild *****ed speculation at best.

Originally posted by Derby06 View Post
                                cdubbin,
                                Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
                                ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X