Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAR has been declared on urban hunters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AKBassking View Post
    When you read the ADN article on Ross's appointment the native community are up in arms! They are saying that this appointment supports urban hunters and not rural.......

If we were to build the road to Nome and then somewhere, turn right and cut a road to Bethel, then Dillingham, this would open up some new country and really tick off the environmental wacos!
    If you turned right on the way to Nome, you'd end up in Barrow not Bethel or Dillingham. Unless you put in a big cloverleaf that went over or under the road to Nome.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Comment

glass half full or half empty?

Originally posted by twodux View Post
      If you turned right on the way to Nome, you'd end up in Barrow not Bethel or Dillingham. Unless you put in a big cloverleaf that went over or under the road to Nome.
      It all depends on which building crew turns right If the one building the road from Nome to the interior were to turn right then BassKing would be correct. If the one from the interior to Nome were to turn right then you would be correct.

Remember Twodux, there are always two ways to look at things, and usually there are more right answers than just one.

Comment

i want a road to nome

so i can drive to hunt musk oxen
        Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
        http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Comment

Aw, Dave, you just come on out and rent one of my snogo's. Ox are almost a sure deal.
          I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
          I have less friends now!!

Comment

that's my plan...

you'd give a friend a deal, right
            and think of the business opportunities if you get on the road system... RV parks with satellite hook-ups ... your chance to show folks the "real" alaska.
            ( don't forget the dump stations and windshield repair... why there is a fortune to be made ... i'm heading up the minute the road is a done deal!!!)
            Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
            http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Comment

HD...

Hell, I'll get ya one for free, snowgo that is, but we'd have to drive all the way to Nelson Island to get one...doable, but crazy...

Comment

A road to Nome?
                You betcha. There's a whole lot of habitat out there that is just itching for improvement. We should use the example set by the good folks in Homer, to be the model. Maybe even build a spit out into the delta. Maybe create a whole new cottage industry of Charter Boats and ferry the tourists to see the bowheads.
                "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
                ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Comment

Opps! Didn't have my "Tom-Tom":rolleyes:
                  sigpic
                  ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
                  1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
                  MMSI# 338131469
                  Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by homerdave View Post
                    you'd give a friend a deal, right
                    and think of the business opportunities if you get on the road system... RV parks with satellite hook-ups ... your chance to show folks the "real" alaska.
                    ( don't forget the dump stations and windshield repair... why there is a fortune to be made ... i'm heading up the minute the road is a done deal!!!)
                    You forgot the little mocha shops every 5 miles.
                    sigpic
                    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
                    MMSI# 338131469

Comment

LuJon, did ya know that AHTNA is about to get title to a butt load more land AND the State is turning over more land to the PS.....in the same area and AHTNA has a 'new' member name of Brenda Rebne on the BGCSB.

Originally posted by LuJon View Post
                      I figured that SFW-A would support the changes in Unit 13. If I was the head of an organization and had a lodge located in the mountains just south of the AHTNA land holdings along the Denali HWY I would be very friendly toward them. Especially when my friendliness insured that they would support the opening of some trophy moose permits... Honestly I find it interesting that a piece of hunting property that was nearly useless as a high end trophy lodge due to permit restrictions was turned around within one year of being aquired by a certain founding member... I am not implying that anything illegal was done just that it is ......ummm....... interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by fishermann222 View Post
                        It all depends on which building crew turns right If the one building the road from Nome to the interior were to turn right then BassKing would be correct. If the one from the interior to Nome were to turn right then you would be correct.

Remember Twodux, there are always two ways to look at things, and usually there are more right answers than just one.
                        I'd agree with you fisherman, but he said build a road TO Nome, not FROM Nome. The Devil is in the details!
                        An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
                        - Jef Mallett

Comment

details

I agree with you on the details, but your missing the larger picture. A road TO nome (leading from the interior to Nome) can be built from both directions.

Wanna argue how many ways to skin a cat? LOL

Comment

I'd agree with you fisherman, but he said build a road TO Nome, not FROM Nome. The Devil is in the details!
                            Could have been one of those clover leaf intersections........

Must have had one to many adult beverages that day....
                            sigpic
                            ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
                            MMSI# 338131469

Comment

Yes very interesting. Tell us more, tell us more.

It's also interesting that SEW-A is permeating Alaska's Game Department and BOG process. And that the Community Harvest Permits were agreed upon at a closed door meeting before the BOG meeting.

There definitely seems to be some shenanigans going on. This needs to be looked at more closely. It needs to be investigated!
                              I am still researching this myself but the location of the lodge is off the road system nestled back in the AK range behind the AHTNA holdings along the Cantwell side of the Denali Highway. It is not an active lodge just a "recreational property" at the moment... Of course that is likely because untill now there was no value in it as a hunting lodge. The only information I have found in public records is a deed transfer in the Talkeetna recording district with no locations specifics, I was however there and talked to the owner who said he perchased the property. I encourage anyone to do their own research without me tainting it excessively w/ my rhetoric:cool:

I was asked to clarify tis statement by an existing and reputable lodge owner and I think he is justified in that request. THIS IS NOT AN ACTIVE LODGE, IT IS A PROPERTY OWNED BY AN SFW-A FOUNDER AND IS VERY MUCH OFF THE RADAR. It may be innocent but as I said above given the lack of opposition by SFW-A to this community harvest program it makes this situation more than a little interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by LuJon View Post
                                I am still researching this myself but the location of the lodge is off the road system nestled back in the AK range behind the AHTNA holdings along the Cantwell side of the Denali Highway. It is not an active lodge just a "recreational property" at the moment... Of course that is likely because untill now there was no value in it as a hunting lodge. The only information I have found in public records is a deed transfer in the Talkeetna recording district with no locations specifics, I was however there and talked to the owner who said he perchased the property. I encourage anyone to do their own research without me tainting it excessively w/ my rhetoric:cool:

I was asked to clarify tis statement by an existing and reputable lodge owner and I think he is justified in that request. THIS IS NOT AN ACTIVE LODGE, IT IS A PROPERTY OWNED BY AN SFW-A FOUNDER AND IS VERY MUCH OFF THE RADAR. It may be innocent but as I said above given the lack of opposition by SFW-A to this community harvest program it makes this situation more than a little interesting!

I and others probably have no idea which one you are talking about. But..if it is the one up Caribou Pass, if you look into it since the beginning, you will find it and another one east of there, were built by the VECO Boys. They took a few critters out of there, mostly moose and bears. Be more specific, if you want to learn all you can about each property. Too many guessing games and no specifics, lead to unfounded perceptions.
                                "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
                                ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X