Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAR has been declared on urban hunters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAR has been declared on urban hunters...

http://www.thearcticsounder.com/news/story/5414

The state AG the BOG, the BGCSB and the commercial hunting industry and their lackeys are telling urban hunters clearly what is happening if any of you are paying attention......

"Ross said there's no need to trample the state Constitution with an amendment allowing a rural subsistence preference on state land. Already, state regulations can be designed to limit urban hunters from participating in rural hunts. For example, in some cases, hunters may not be in an airplane for days before they're allowed to hunt, making for a costly and time-consuming trip for urban hunters, he said.

Palin is playing politics with our constitution and our states rights and giving them over to the commercial hunting industry and the natives.

I have about had my fill of AGs that ignore the constitution to accomplish a political agenda.

This new cartel is going to bury joe hunter if we dont get organized. Thats a promise and even if we did get organized i doubt we could be organized and led well enough to ambush they plans. But I am going to try.

i liked how you tossed commercial hunting into the mix of guys trying to oust urban hunters, that really bodes well towards your dislike of the guide industry...lump them in with the rest of the guys you dont' like.
    I think i'd rather deal with urban hunters than rural hunters...but i guess you get your facts somewhere else.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Comment

[quote=BRWNBR;465529]i liked how you tossed commercial hunting into the mix of guys trying to oust urban hunters, that really bodes well towards your dislike of the guide industry...lump them in with the rest of the guys you dont' like.
      I think i'd rather deal with urban hunters than rural hunters...but i guess you get your facts somewhere else.[/quote}

You might Jake, and so would I but your industry has sold out to the rural hunter...

Hey... APHA, the State and AOC sided with the natives at the Noatak. They all agreed to limit urban hunters EVEN THOUGH THERE IS PLENTY OF GAME.

Then along comes the BOG and does this community harvest thing. APHA, STATE AND AOC sided against urban hunters again.APHA is headquartered in CoopperCenter and no-chin lives there. AHTNA got the last two appointments to the BOG and the BGCSB. AHTNA is getting a butt pile more of land and the state is loosing a significant chunck to the feeds in 13.

ANYBODY know where and how much land urban hunter is going to loose accesss to in the area/

Then comes WAR with a statement like.....Dont worry Natives we wont need a constitutional ammendment we can just make it so hard and cost so much the urban hunters wont show up..OHH I am sure APHA and AOC willl be right there making sure urban hunters don't get screwed.

WAR has been declared on the urban hunter and if it is not clear to you all by now an alliance has been formed against the urban hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by AVALANCHE View Post
        This new cartel is going to bury Joe hunter if we don't get organized. Thats a promise and even if we did get organized i doubt we could be organized and led well enough to ambush they plans. But I am going to try.

The problem is TOO many JOE hunters......Too many urban Joe's and too many rural Joe's. Just too many Joe's PERIOD. AND guess what.........It is only going to get much worse, much, much worse. Was a time when we did not have so many people and you could harvest two of everything. And no closed season, no limit on some. Caribou was (5) Five in possession, and the only HARD rule was Don't gut them on the Highway. There was no lottery. Just 250,000 Alaskans, Now 750,000 Alaskans, and by 2030 there will be 1,500,000 Alaskans. Too many Joe Hunter's.

Also was a time only the very, very, very wealthy came from America to hunt in Alaska, Now it is every working class Americans "Right" not a privilege, but a right and entitlement to hunt Alaska.

As the United States Dollar continues to go into the crapper, and non-Americans can hunt here for free, because of the cheap dollar, you will see more and more fights for the Rights to the game. Add in that the picture taker's will demand more and more viewing sanctuaries.

A worldwide Pandemic to cull the humans is the only probable solution. Otherwise enjoy what you got because you'll have less year after year, SORRY.:rolleyes::eek:
        "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

World Wide Cull

Hopeak, I like your idea of a world wide cull. When do we start? They would just end up regulating the h3ll out of that too and would be no fun in 2 years.
          Marc Theiler

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeak View Post
            The problem is TOO many JOE hunters......Too many urban Joe's and too many rural Joe's. Just too many Joe's PERIOD. AND guess what.........It is only going to get much worse, much, much worse. Was a time when we did not have so many people and you could harvest two of everything. And no closed season, no limit on some. Caribou was (5) Five in possession, and the only HARD rule was Don't gut them on the Highway. There was no lottery. Just 250,000 Alaskans, Now 750,000 Alaskans, and by 2030 there will be 1,500,000 Alaskans. Too many Joe Hunter's.

Also was a time only the very, very, very wealthy came from America to hunt in Alaska, Now it is every working class Americans "Right" not a privilege, but a right and entitlement to hunt Alaska.
            I agree with you....it's time we put the commercial hunting and the commercial sport fishing business models to bed.

Joe's don't need em.

Comment

state don't need the money either right?, less just shut out non res, pay for everything ourselves (read 500 dollar moose tags) , go to drawing on everything( read limited resident joe access now) and beat this horse before they try to ride it again in 5 years when theres to many people and the game populations are in the toilet and its to late to bring them back.

Its coming, writing has been on the wall for years, more and more people, less and less to go around, everybody whats "theirs" ahtna has figured out how to get it...play the race card...thats a hand that hasn't been beaten.

I'm gonna go out on a limb (by the way...whos no-chin?) and say that if the guide concession goes thru, there could actually still be a commerical hunting industry WITH the 10 percent opp....it does provide a service, i know you hate it AV and think its from Obama or something...but theres a place for it.
              Master guide 212

Comment

WW Cull effort...

I don't really mean to hijack a serious thread with humor, but the world wide cull could be accomplished with snares, human snares as opposed to bear snares.

Jake...no chin is Robert F, APHA Exec Dir.

(I'm sorry, I just could not stop myself.)

Dennis
                Does this bear/human snare make me a big butt?
                Imagine (It's easy if you try)
                …miles and miles of mountains…wide expanses of tundra...remote wild waters…
                (Whisper words of wisdom) Let It Be

Comment

you might need to permit some helicopters for this cull to and DONUGHTS!!!!
                  Master guide 212

Comment

Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
                    state don't need the money either right?, less just shut out non res, pay for everything ourselves (read 500 dollar moose tags) , go to drawing on everything( read limited resident joe access now) and beat this horse before they try to ride it again in 5 years when theres to many people and the game populations are in the toilet and its to late to bring them back.

Its coming, writing has been on the wall for years, more and more people, less and less to go around, everybody whats "theirs" ahtna has figured out how to get it...play the race card...thats a hand that hasn't been beaten.

I'm gonna go out on a limb (by the way...whos no-chin?) and say that if the guide concession goes thru, there could actually still be a commerical hunting industry WITH the 10 percent opp....it does provide a service, i know you hate it AV and think its from Obama or something...but theres a place for it.
                    With a 10% opp in place we don't need no stikin concessions program. Besides that the state can not afford any more welfare programs for your industry.

Matter of fact with the 10% opp in place guides should be able to 'guide' where ever and when ever they want.

You're hunter has a tag.....you go where the tag is good.....no more of this 3 areas stuff and trading areas or subletting areas...

Comment

now now...

...let's not turn this into an anti-guide thing.

Back to Ross' quote in the Sounder, to me that is a pretty controverisal statement to make about limiting or restricting urban hunters in rural areas. He's shooting himself in the foot really...no doubt AOC and the power they hold in either supporting him or not will mean a lot to many legislators. So if AOC supports him, are they agreeing that urban hunters can or should be limited by the state? Seems they advocate the opposite, total equality across the board on state lands.

And did AOC support the community harvest thing? I'm not sure on that. You got anything on that, Av?
                      Mark Richards
                      www.residenthuntersofalaska.org

Comment

It's never been an anti-guide thing....

with me BR.

10% opportunity to non-residents, let them hire a guide if they want and where ever the non-resident drew a tag his guide is legal to guide him. That is fair and just for all and we don't have any need for another welfare program for the commercial hunting industry LIKE the state lands concession.

Kind of like it used to be only with a limit on the 10% of opportunity offered by the state to take our resources.

AOC did not oppose neither did SFW or APHA.

AOC turned Manning's request down on filing an amicus brief with the court too.

Yah....Ross really showed his colors there. The whole administration is against urban hunters now as it is the only group not represented; except by the CONSTITUTION.....and Ross, like Saxby is perfectly willing to go around it.

Originally posted by bushrat View Post
                        ...let's not turn this into an anti-guide thing.

Back to Ross' quote in the Sounder, to me that is a pretty controverisal statement to make about limiting or restricting urban hunters in rural areas. He's shooting himself in the foot really...no doubt AOC and the power they hold in either supporting him or not will mean a lot to many legislators. So if AOC supports him, are they agreeing that urban hunters can or should be limited by the state? Seems they advocate the opposite, total equality across the board on state lands.

And did AOC support the community harvest thing? I'm not sure on that. You got anything on that, Av?

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
                          Does this bear/human snare make me a big butt?
                          No, but it makes your butt look big.
                          I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Comment

Av, was just wanting to clarify...

...it wasn't an anti-guide thing, thanks.

And to be fair, I don't think lack of opposition from any org on an issue indicates support. We all pick our battles and can only have so many irons in the fire at any one time. AOC has that subsistence dipnetting suit going now with CDA, could be a host of reasons they didn't jump in with Manning's suit.

I suppose the proof will be in how much more damage Ross does inre "urban hunters" and if AOC supports him for AG. I am looking fwd to listening in on the confirmation hearings, should be quite the show. Not sure when those are just yet, will try to get a link up down the line when to listen in. Based on what Palin said about her new pick for AG running the Dept. of Fish and Game, I think we hunters should show a lot of interest in this one. She never said that about Colberg.
                            Mark Richards
                            www.residenthuntersofalaska.org

Comment

Quoted from the Sounder article
                              "I think that’s a more reasonable way of doing things than dividing Alaskans," Ross said. "I’m in favor of uniting Alaskans and we need to recognize that conditions in the Bush are different than conditions in town where we have grocery stores."
                              He is right about that their many who depend on local resources. I compiled the tier II winners for TM565 from 2004 -2008. I can't say what other Tier II stats look like but the urban hunters aren't doing to bad here. Unit 16 winners are in blue unit 14 are in red.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by hiline; 03-31-2009, 20:02. Reason: Typo
                              Chuck

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X