Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charges Brought in Point Hope Caribou Slaughter

Good News
    ADN reports tonight that charges are being laid against 8 villagers over the wanton waste of caribou last July.
    Two thumbs up for the troopers

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/rural/story/725368.html
    sigpic
    www.arcticangler.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

These rascals need a real good talkin' to. Let's just hope it is a judge and not their grandpappy and uncle elder.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Comment

As many people were complaining about this (doesn't matter if it was political, evironmental or hunters) we all knew this was wrong.

Charging them is one thing, we all need to wait and see what comes of it.
      No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Comment

I for one am glad to see the state do a propper investigation. It sounds as if they organized quite a sting! Too bad for the one kid that he will have to leave the villiage after going states evidence.

Comment

HANG EM HIGH
          Chuck

Comment

Good Job to the State Troopers who didn't turn a blind I on this!!!

Comment

Class A Misdemeanor...

Punishment is 6mos jail & or $1000 fine...with the plea bargining that will be going on, I doubt the guys will see 30 days jail & $100 fine...

Comment

Having never spent time in jail but been sent to places that were not a great deal better I have a feeling that 30 days and a healthy fine would do these lads well. Given their age I would consider them stupid kids, I don't think it should be life ruining but it certainly should be life "altering". I did dumb stuff as a kid albeit never this bad, but heck the President did hard narcotics as a kid which is a FELONY and he is the FRICKIN President!

Comment

Originally posted by LuJon View Post
                  Given their age I would consider them stupid kids, I don't think it should be life ruining but it certainly should be life "altering".
                  I'm sorry LuJon, but with 4 of these guys over 25 (25,26,29,30) I would hardly classify them as kids. Any 12 year old would know what they were doing is wrong. I think its funny that people play the age card at times when it benefits them. Like in college, everyone thinks the drinking age should be 18. But when they screw up and get a minor comsumption of alcohol and a DUI charge they say "hey I'm just a kid, I'm supposed to do dumb things." Try them all as the adults they are, which is what is the court is intending to do. To just say they are stupid kids I think is inncorrect. I made mistakes and did dumb stuff in the past as well, but I don't blame it on being young. Just being ignorant. Time for these men to own up if thats what the court decides after hearing all the evidence. I don't know the whole story, and won't claim to place judgement without the whole story, but their young age should not be a factor in the sentencing if found guilty.

Comment

So who is going to go sit in on the trial and post up a blow by blow account. It worked real good during the BOG meeting and I think it could do well here. Any of you out west willing to do the deed for the sake of ODD getting the real scoop?
                    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
                    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Comment

**SMACK**

I think I would rather eat a moose nugget.

Originally posted by Akres View Post
                      So who is going to go sit in on the trial and post up a blow by blow account. It worked real good during the BOG meeting and I think it could do well here. Any of you out west willing to do the deed for the sake of ODD getting the real scoop?
                      No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Comment

Originally posted by LuJon View Post
                        Having never spent time in jail but been sent to places that were not a great deal better I have a feeling that 30 days and a healthy fine would do these lads well. Given their age I would consider them stupid kids, I don't think it should be life ruining but it certainly should be life "altering". I did dumb stuff as a kid albeit never this bad, but heck the President did hard narcotics as a kid which is a FELONY and he is the FRICKIN President!
                        Boy, some of the stuff you're posting here lately makes me wonder what the heck is in the bottled water in Iraq these days.

Age, isn't an excuse for knowing right and wrong, especially when those charged are in their mid twenties.

They broke the law, were CAUGHT, nows the time for justice, whatever it it may be, to follow course.

Comment

Originally posted by gogoalie View Post
                          Punishment is 6mos jail & or $1000 fine...with the plea bargining that will be going on, I doubt the guys will see 30 days jail & $100 fine...
                          I hope I'm misunderstanding your point.

I'm sure the villages hurting this winter, would have appreciated the meat.

The law was broke, and a resource wasted. I'm disappointed that it happened, and I'm disappointed in the "stance" the village took over the incident.

Comment

Thanks AWT

I would like to thank the Alaska Wildlife Troopers, and in particular Trooper Quist, for taking this investigation to where they could identify some of the possible perpetrators. It was a long, involved process, using some of the most advanced dna work available, and a whole lot of persistence behind the scenes and under the radar.
                            Mark Richards
                            www.residenthuntersofalaska.org

Comment

Seconds

Me too Bushrat !

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X