X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upinak
    replied
    I honestly do not think it would do anything. Many individual and guides like her... a LOT! She actually thought ahead unlike the other BoG, asked good questions of the ADF&G which in many cases stumped them and was conscience of what the hunters thought, not just what was put out there via the ADF&G. You might have some people to deal with Res.

Originally posted by Akres View Post
    Thanks. For what it's worth, I'll pass this along to the appropriate parties. Seems as though too many independant thinkers can't play by the party rules these days. Seriously, she done a very bad thing and it will be addressed.

Leave a comment:

• Pupchow
    replied
    Thanks. For what it's worth, I'll pass this along to the appropriate parties. Seems as though too many independant thinkers can't play by the party rules these days. Seriously, she done a very bad thing and it will be addressed.
    Ya sheesh thats how this whole country got started in the first place, maybe your "appropriate parties" can remove the bias the other board members show on issues that are near and dear to themselves as well?

Leave a comment:

• Akres
    replied
    Originally posted by upinak View Post
    She is the only Female on the board. Do you think it wrong is she doesn't agree with the rest of the Board? The decision the BoG failed was 4 - 3, Bell being the final. And she didn't "spout" she apologized for the decision. She didn't say it was wrong, or that it was correct either. She knew I was pretty ticked off about it, as were many in the room when it Failed.

Sorry Res, if that bothers you then you should go to the meetings. You can see the people sitting there watching the Board get upset. The BoG isn't a "whole" it is what they think should be RIGHT for the people, what to conserve and what should be done. Not what they expect for just the money making aspect of it, which WAS brought up in different proposals. They can disagree and vote whatever it is proposal wise down, but you forget one thing.... When the BoG votes something down because they agree with whomever's assessment (be it individual or ADF&G) even though they know it is wrong, then the BoG has to worry about the "publics" issue with them later.

Also, coming back to some issues they know is controversial, should be held for last in the meeting or the very beginning. Not brought back up in the middle or during, because they were waiting for certain ADF&G individuals to show up to present something, isn't right. All it does it bring up resentment, and all it shows me is that the Biologists doing presentations are unorganized.

Leave a comment:

• Vince
    replied
    Originally posted by Meknowy View Post
    thanks for that and all your work at the meetings!
    +1 from me too uppy sorry i disappeared. but duty called this weekend

Leave a comment:

• Meknowy
    replied
    thanks for that and all your work at the meetings!

Leave a comment:

• upinak
    replied
    Knowy I will ask Sherry when they are going to post the new ammendments on the web soon. I have a question on a couple as well.

What I remember on the sheep/goat hunts (as I do not have my notes in front of me and going off memory) is that you have to registar for the hunt (resident or non resident) and that it will be 10% non resident and the rest resident. The non residents must have a guide for the unit 14 area, not matter what for goats and sheep. But please don't quote me!

Originally posted by Meknowy View Post
    does anyone know what the amended (and passed) version of Prop 4 (20-mile goats) looks like? What changed from the original proposal? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Meknowy
    replied
    does anyone know what the amended (and passed) version of Prop 4 (20-mile goats) looks like? What changed from the original proposal? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• upinak
    replied
    Lu, maybe it is how He presents himself. Mr Bell gets agitated on issues if he can't have a break and takes it out on the issue (proposal) and votes it down, which was something I noticed.

Another was he seems to have problems with Guides. He voted items down on Guides even when there was no reason to vote it down, and the ADF&G had no recommendation and even admited it might be a good idea.

Bell also seemed to put down anything archery. He said once that archery was not that big an item for hunts... which I thought interesting, but he also said it off mic at a break.

I am not saying he was a bad guy, but some of the things he said when the mic isn't on and he doesn't think anyone can hear him makes me wonder.

Originally posted by LuJon View Post
    upinak, can you explain exactly what has you up in arms w/ bell? I can't attend so I am relying on you guys to provide me with a play by play of sorts.

Leave a comment:

• upinak
    replied
    She is the only Female on the board. Do you think it wrong is she doesn't agree with the rest of the Board? The decision the BoG failed was 4 - 3, Bell being the final. And she didn't "spout" she apologized for the decision. She didn't say it was wrong, or that it was correct either. She knew I was pretty ticked off about it, as were many in the room when it Failed.

Sorry Res, if that bothers you then you should go to the meetings. You can see the people sitting there watching the Board get upset. The BoG isn't a "whole" it is what they think should be RIGHT for the people, what to conserve and what should be done. Not what they expect for just the money making aspect of it, which WAS brought up in different proposals. They can disagree and vote whatever it is proposal wise down, but you forget one thing.... When the BoG votes something down because they agree with whomever's assessment (be it individual or ADF&G) even though they know it is wrong, then the BoG has to worry about the "publics" issue with them later.

Also, coming back to some issues they know is controversial, should be held for last in the meeting or the very beginning. Not brought back up in the middle or during, because they were waiting for certain ADF&G individuals to show up to present something, isn't right. All it does it bring up resentment, and all it shows me is that the Biologists doing presentations are unorganized.

Who is this lady? A BOG Member as you suggest? If so, I would like to have her name. All this sounds extremely unprofessional to me, if she was a board member. Like it or not, a board decision is "their" decision and the time for debate is over once the decision is rendered. No single individual of the BOG should continue to spout their individual perceptions, as they forego that by accepting the position on the board. They should speak with only one voice, after a decision is rendered.

Leave a comment:

• LuJon
    replied
    upinak, can you explain exactly what has you up in arms w/ bell? I can't attend so I am relying on you guys to provide me with a play by play of sorts.

Leave a comment:

• Akres
    replied
    Originally posted by upinak View Post
    http://www.boards.adfg.state.ak.us/g...dmap_mar09.pdf
    She actually approached me in the rest room when Bob Bell was the deciding factor and Failed a proposal and apologized to me personally when they went on break.
    Who is this lady? A BOG Member as you suggest? If so, I would like to have her name. All this sounds extremely unprofessional to me, if she was a board member. Like it or not, a board decision is "their" decision and the time for debate is over once the decision is rendered. No single individual of the BOG should continue to spout their individual perceptions, as they forego that by accepting the position on the board. They should speak with only one voice, after a decision is rendered.

Leave a comment:

• upinak
    replied
    http://www.boards.adfg.state.ak.us/g...dmap_mar09.pdf

Here is the updates if some of you can't get it, let me know and I will see if I can email it to you.

As some of you are pretty ticked off (I know I am, since I am just a beginner) it would be wise for those of use who are seeing a trend to get together and possibly start writing some new proposals concerning archery, trapping and the smaller issues that are likely to be Failed the next round due to the environmentalists.

I am not impressed with Bob Bell at all. There is a new lady whom I could see was concerned for the well being of the Individual Hunters, Guides in some cases as well as Trappers. She actually approached me in the rest room when Bob Bell was the deciding factor and Failed a proposal and apologized to me personally when they went on break.

I doubt they are going to be able to finish today. And if they do, or at least try... it is going to be a very long night.

Leave a comment:

• B-radford
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger View Post
    Did they get to Prop. 180 yet ?
    Yup, but it sure didnt help us Archers.

Leave a comment:

• Riflemaker
    replied
    Roadmap

Scroll down to Vince's post from 3 days ago re: the "dlink". It is the link to all of the results to date.

Leave a comment:

• GAredneck
    replied
    Updates

Can someone tell me where to find all the updates? I was listining to the BOG meeting last week at work but have been busy the last few days and would like to update my poposal sheet in the area's I hunt. Thanks......!

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X