What do you think is correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kidfromgarcia View Post
    Blatantly playing games? So if you go talk to them the sonar counts are actually estimates and have ranges ever read one of their reports? they are full of estimates that have ranges because they do not count every single sockeye going up river or king for that matter. If you really want to experience blatant game playing with numbers hire a financial adviser.
    Kid,

You need to go re-read the post. Nobody even questioned sonar counts. King salmon harvest numbers were in question. Maybe you need to get a different financial adviser.

Comment

Originally posted by kidfromgarcia View Post
      Blatantly playing games? So if you go talk to them the sonar counts are actually estimates and have ranges ever read one of their reports? they are full of estimates that have ranges because they do not count every single sockeye going up river or king for that matter. If you really want to experience blatant game playing with numbers hire a financial adviser.
      Kid, I can' t speak for nerka or alaska harvest, but personally I hate to see the local staff handcuffed with bof and political decisions which may not be in the best interest of the resource or the various user groups. For instance, the bof meets once every 3 years and mandates in the management plan that the drift fleet will be restricted to limited areas and times Up To Three Years In Advance, with no regard to run timing or weather, and with little regard to run strength. Let the bof referee the allocation issues,decide appropriate escapement goals, and then let the local management staff the opportunity to achieve those goals,using current daily data such as escapement ,test boat indexes,harvests,weather, and physical evidence (jumpers, fish spotters,etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by alaskanharvest View Post
        Kid,

You need to go re-read the post. Nobody even questioned sonar counts. King salmon harvest numbers were in question. Maybe you need to get a different financial adviser.
        What was the question? Did you call fish and Game and ask them tell me the question and I will call them then post what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by gunner View Post
          Kid, I can' t speak for nerka or alaska harvest, but personally I hate to see the local staff handcuffed with bof and political decisions which may not be in the best interest of the resource or the various user groups. For instance, the bof meets once every 3 years and mandates in the management plan that the drift fleet will be restricted to limited areas and times Up To Three Years In Advance, with no regard to run timing or weather, and with little regard to run strength. Let the bof referee the allocation issues,decide appropriate escapement goals, and then let the local management staff the opportunity to achieve those goals,using current daily data such as escapement ,test boat indexes,harvests,weather, and physical evidence (jumpers, fish spotters,etc.)
          This is really bizarre I did not comment on the local staff handcuffed. I thought the comment about (paraphrasing) blatantly throwing out numbers using estimates with ranges was odd if you interact with fish and game. Because most of the numbers they give out to us are actually estimates that have ranges which is not a new thing.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X