Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    I understand that during the war this type of problem might have been solved by piano wire strung 4' AGL.
    A side by side with a roof on it or a large off-road truck would most likely just break such a wire.
    Were someone to get hurt by this and you were proved to be the person who installed it I can imagine you would be getting a visit from the troopers and possibly some criminal charges.
    Setting up booby traps on public land is quite likely frowned upon.
    A fence on your own private property is a different matter.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

"The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Originally posted by 68 Bronco View Post
      Nov. 7, 2021 Update

Here we are 5 yrs. later on this issue!

Large ORV's have created yet another destructive ingress/egress at the main channel crossing of Wasilla Cr., moving to the N. side of the previously done damages. Photo 1 shows the new approach, a steep drop into these F&G cataloged anadromous fish waters. Photo 2 shows more increases in prior damages. Meanwhile, MSB moves forward with the plan to to see the Moose Range Plan 'updated' even though DNR has made ..." no commitment.." (pg. 4-4 found in the linked document JPUA Final Draft). The Mat Valley Moose Range Plan remains unattended/unenforced as fish habitat is degraded.

https://www.matsugov.us/2-uncategori...ate=msb_bolide

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6193.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	2776821

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6196.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	2776822

Have you considered setting up some game cameras to catch some of these culprits?
      I know that technically you shouldn't have to do this yourself.
      But if you were able to catch some pictures/video of these people that they were able to use to identify them it may help.
      Just a thought.
      I don't live in your area,but if I was closer to you I have one I would loan you.

Comment

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
        Have you considered setting up some game cameras to catch some of these culprits?
        I know that technically you shouldn't have to do this yourself.
        But if you were able to catch some pictures/video of these people that they were able to use to identify them it may help.
        Just a thought.
        I don't live in your area,but if I was closer to you I have one I would loan you.

A very good suggestion, Thanks!

And yes, LE should have done this, or other effective means, long ago in order to enforce the 1986 Moose Range Plan which specifies "..winter travel only for motor vehicles.." on the wetlands. Had that plan been attended through all these years, we would not be today at a juncture certain to compromise even more sensitive habitat.
        "Punish the monkey - let the organ grinder go" - Mark Knopfler

Comment

Originally posted by 68 Bronco View Post

A very good suggestion, Thanks!

And yes, LE should have done this, or other effective means, long ago in order to enforce the 1986 Moose Range Plan...
          Except, as you're well aware, Alaska for most intents and purposes has no LE and virtually no one is willing to pay for any.
          ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
          I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
          The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

A side by side with a roof on it or a large off-road truck would most likely just break such a wire.
            Were someone to get hurt by this and you were proved to be the person who installed it I can imagine you would be getting a visit from the troopers and possibly some criminal charges.
            Setting up booby traps on public land is quite likely frowned upon.
            A fence on your own private property is a different matter.

As justified as it may feel at times, you are correct that setting any kind of "booby trap" would definitely get someone in legal trouble, even on your own private property.

Comment

Originally posted by anchskier View Post

As justified as it may feel at times, you are correct that setting any kind of "booby trap" would definitely get someone in legal trouble, even on your own private property.
              I fully understand that "booby trapping" your own property could get you in trouble.
              What I was referring to was the fact that you can set up a fence on your own property.
              Maybe in this sue happy society we live in you can still get sued if someone ran into that fence?
              But I don't have an issue with someone stringing up an electric fence around their property whether it's to define their property boundaries or to keep in domestic animals

Comment

I fully understand that "booby trapping" your own property could get you in trouble.
                Many states have laws against it. I do believe states started cracking down after a policeman jumped a fence and landed on a board with nails.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                  Except, as you're well aware, Alaska for most intents and purposes has no LE and virtually no one is willing to pay for any.
                  Precisely.
                  Last edited by 68 Bronco; 11-08-2021, 22:49.
                  "Punish the monkey - let the organ grinder go" - Mark Knopfler

Comment

Interestingly someone has put up a fairly nice gate in the Moose Range on the main trail from the Murphy Road trailhead. I have double-checked with the Matsu Borough maps, and it's still public land, I will try to contact DNR next week and see if they put it up or if it is a power grab from one of the local landowners.

Comment

OnX maps is great for determining land status. I tried to find my rear property marker that I have not seen in years. OnX had was able to pinpoint it within a couple of feet and with a pin pointer we found it.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                      Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X