Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where will the next UCI Board Of Fish meeting be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith I think I found the location on the KP that might work for the UCI Board Of Fish meeting!

Kenai River Property PurchaseIn December 2006, Sen. Murkowski and her husband paid $179,400 for a 1.2 acre vacant lot on the banks of the Kenai River in Alaska from long-time friend and campaign contributor Bob Penney. Three days after the purchase, the Kenai Peninsula Borough Assessing Department valued the land at $214,900, 20% over what Sen. Murkowski paid for the land. According to numerous real estate sources in the area, the Kenai lots actually sell for significantly higher than the Borough assessed price because they are located on a world-famous fishing river. Mr. Penney, the seller of the property, has been questioned in connection with a criminal investigation into real estate transactions involving Alaska Senator Ted Stevens. Mr. Penney, though a real-estate developer who has testified regarding the economic impact of fishing upon the Kenai River property values, claims that he was unaware that the Borough assessed value of Sen. Murkowski’s land had increased since 2005, when it was valued at $120,000.
    By purchasing the land at a price below the property’s real value, Sen. Murkowski accepted an improper gift from Mr. Penny in violation of the Senate gift rule.

Comment

• [QUOTE=willphish4food;1517708). I have never seen TeeJay, Fun, cod, Smith, or others on this board complain about undue influence of UCIDA or other commercial fishing groups. Yet they have been involved in the political gamesmanship at the board meetings since long before KRSA ever came about. KRSA is not the only player in the game, but to hear these guys squawk you would think they were. They are not the only group with lobbyists. They are a strong voice coming from the sportsfishing side of things, though.[/QUOTE]

I won't speak for the others, willphish, but my complaining isn't about a group because they have lobbyists. My squawking has consistently pointed out the corruption put forth by KRSA and those that lead it. From the Penny/Murkowski land deal (as was just pointed out again) to the free gifts and free guided trips, to phone taps, and/or multiple other ethical and moral infractions, how much more can an honest person stand by and NOT speak up.
      On top of that is the fact that I AM A SPORTFISHER OF THE KENAI RIVER and KRSA is supposed to represent me??! Not on your life.
      Oh, and there is also that nagging little fact that I keep bringing up. KRSA was supposed to ensure that the mighty Kenai King would be protected by their organization. What a colossal FAILURE. KRSA should disband just for the mere fact that their primary mission was a complete and utter FAILURE. Clearly, even WITH the great unethical sway they had with the boards decision making, they STILL could not succeed in their primary mission. For that reason alone, as a sport fisher, I would FIRE their arses.
      If I were a com fisher of any sort, I would be paying more attention to what my group was doing for me. But I'm not a com fisher, I'm a sport fisher. Cripes, if I knew there was a fourth the corruption in com fishing politics with regard to our Kenai Kings I'd speak up on it. Is there corruption in com fishing? Yep, I have no doubt. Ben Stevens and his shenanigans comes to mind.
      There should be more folks speaking up loudly when such blatantly corrupt practices take place by any org/ group when it comes to politics and our (corrupt) govt. Those that defend these kind of orgs on here and in public would be tarred and feathered if I had my way.
      I hope that clears up any misperceptions by anyone reading, and you, willphish, with regard to your points.
      Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine! :whistle:
      WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

• Originally posted by MGH55 View Post
        Hey Quest, What was the show about? If you want to talk to someone on the phone you still have my number.
        Nice of you to post 55. That makes three with two to go, Fun & Nerka. The program sponsored by a couple of radio stations on the peninsula and hosted by a woman who is intimately involved in the commercial fishing industry is called Sound off. She invited Walker to participate, and , who being attached at the hip to UCIDA and being a politician who cannot pass up an opportunity to talk about his agenda, readily agreed. The first fifteen minutes were spent on fish board location and membership with all speakers, Karen, and the Gov lamenting about the members of the BOF and the location of the meeting. It was not surprising that there was little participation from non commercial users since UCIDA advertised the program on its Facebook site and thereby alerted all of its members to participate. I called in early and never heard another word about whether I could ask the Gov a question. Was I screened off? Don't know. But it did not seem to be a program that was interested in diversity of viewpoints when it came to fishing issues. Walker has angered so many lawmakers over his BOF issues that it will be difficult for him to get cooperation with far more challenges facing the State. His biased participation in the sound off charade did not go unnoticed by those from whom he needs help.

Comment

• Originally posted by smithtb View Post
          Predictable is right. You post post misinformation in an effort to distract and misdirect and I correct you.

I don't hold it against you - Megan is a great name. I'm sure that's why you used it.
          It is a good name and from what I have heard she is a very good person and a respected ambassador for your fishery. You could use more like her.

Comment

• Well gosh golly, am I reading this right? Is Questairtoo lamenting "biased participation" in the overall political process? I guess it's only bad when the side you disagree with does it, eh?

Not gonna copy/paste/quote you Questairtoo ... but certainly I hope you see the extreme hypocrisy in some of your statements here.
            Mark Richards
            www.residenthuntersofalaska.org

Comment

• Originally posted by bushrat View Post
              Well gosh golly, am I reading this right? Is Questairtoo lamenting "biased participation" in the overall political process? I guess it's only bad when the side you disagree with does it, eh?

Not gonna copy/paste/quote you Questairtoo ... but certainly I hope you see the extreme hypocrisy in some of your statements here.
              Quests high morals and ethics don't allow him to be bias, our state is extremely lucky to have such wonderful representation

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
              Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

• Originally posted by bushrat View Post
                Well gosh golly, am I reading this right? Is Questairtoo lamenting "biased participation" in the overall political process? I guess it's only bad when the side you disagree with does it, eh?

Be careful Bushrat as it might become the Fab 6 instead of the Fab 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Questairtoo View Post
                  It is a good name and from what I have heard she is a very good person and a respected ambassador for your fishery. You could use more like her.
                  You are some piece of work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerka View Post
                    Must disagree Terry, the end does not justify the means and we are not a Machiavellian society. So ethics is a big part of the discussion..
                    Nerka, trust you had and are having a wonderful Holiday, both Christmas and New Years.

Politics has no morals, no ethics, and is only constrained by the outrage of the public at a few of the tactics. As Bushrat noted above, many abjure the tactics and devices due to personal standards of behavior, and others do not. But there are no referees or Marquis de Queenesbury rules in effect. It is raw power. I am not advocating, but am observing. You need not embrace it, but you ought to acknowledge it, as it is reality, and reality prevails every time.

Since the adversaries do not hold office, accusations are meaningless. Political action is need to isolate them and brand them as undesirable, and to make them play by their own rules. YMMV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Questairtoo View Post
                      Listened in on "Sound off" with Megan McGann " hosting" and got in the que to speak to Gov Walker today but it apparently was too long and I never got on. Or more likely was screened as not being part of her biased agenda. Funny, because I was an early caller,. Very interesting that the first topic raised by Megan dealt with complaints about where the UCI BOF meeting was going to be held. And then raise the Ruffner appointment. Take a break people! Those issues are plowed ground. Move on! Stop living in the past! I hope that you noticed that Walker did not say he would replace BOF members that voted to have the meeting in Anch. That he would interview all applicants. That is a far cry from his threats last October to replace anyone who voted to have the meeting in Anchorage. Perhaps he is getting wiser. And perhaps he is recognizing that there is more than one side to the issue. Let's hope so. When a program like sound off presents itself as a venue for people to vent and had a "Host" that is so unabashedly biased, in favor of just one fishery user group it diminishes the the value of the program. And it diminishes the radio stations who allow the program to play complimentary. I wonder if KRSA asked to host such a program if the stations would allow it? And then allow them to cherry pick the call in people.
                      Quest, I called Karen and asked her about this. She said she tried to get callers' questions in and clear the line for the next caller, and to her knowledge no one was left holding or screened off of the show. I believe her - she is not the type to cherry pick but would likely happily take challenges on the issues. While I agree that a lot of venting goes on there and that the variety of hosts are all human hence all have biases, I also respect free speech and know that I learn new and interesting things when I listen to the show - even if I disagree with the host's or guest's views. I have commented on the show multiple times with multiple hosts, and have never been screened or prevented from speaking my mind.

You should call on Thursday - I hear she's gonna have the ADFG commish and the sport/com directors as guests.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X