Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the cargo rack, any more pics? I'd like to duplicate that

Comment

Pretty simple really, the base is an Up North Technologies tunnel rack that keeps cargo up off the tunnel and adds rigidity. To that I attached the rack I made with stainless bolts/nuts.
      I bought a 40 dollar rack from Snowmobile Salvage off a 90's Indy 500 and cut the nice bends out to use. I made it to the dimensions I wanted using 1/2" square tubing, had it all powder coated and ran wiring through it for the led stop/running light I picked up.
      When the sled comes out of hibernation this year I will work up a quick release of some kind for the removable passenger seat for the very rare times I need to use it. I made sure when making the rack the seat would still fit within it. Hopefully I get a chance to actually get enough miles on the machine to break it in this winter....think I have about 175 miles on her but am real impressed with the Ace 900 in that chassis.

Comment

Man, that's exactly what I want to do! I have the XP chassis, and need to be quick with the ol shotgun. Can you give any details on how you made that? Or did you buy it (I hope). I don't weld, so that might limit me a bit. Ever think of selling them?

Comment

Originally posted by xcrnr View Post
          Man, that's exactly what I want to do! I have the XP chassis, and need to be quick with the ol shotgun. Can you give any details on how you made that? Or did you buy it (I hope). I don't weld, so that might limit me a bit. Ever think of selling them?
          Of course I mean your gun holder - the rack is nice too, but my Expedition sport already came with a rack that works for me (pros of getting it from a dog-musher)

Comment

Sorry but it is fabbed up with the welder and not bought as a kit. It really isn't to difficult to make,the pics above would make it easy to duplicate or use to improve on in your own way. It's just some scraps that were laying around put to use. The butt holder is a thin gauge plate cut to the shape of the rifle butt with a little bigger circumference and 3/8" rod making the cage welded to it lined with fuel hose to protect the stock....upper mount is plate cut to the triangle flat shape on the cowling with one also on the backside to sandwich the plastic in between and make it rigid...top plate has a tab welded to it where I mounted a piece of an old rear window truck rifle rack with a bolt which allows me to adjust it up and down depending on which rifle I'm carrying with me at the moment. Hope that all made sense to you...

Comment

Originally posted by cwoods View Post
              Sorry but it is fabbed up with the welder and not bought as a kit. It really isn't to difficult to make,the pics above would make it easy to duplicate or use to improve on in your own way. It's just some scraps that were laying around put to use. The butt holder is a thin gauge plate cut to the shape of the rifle butt with a little bigger circumference and 3/8" rod making the cage welded to it lined with fuel hose to protect the stock....upper mount is plate cut to the triangle flat shape on the cowling with one also on the backside to sandwich the plastic in between and make it rigid...top plate has a tab welded to it where I mounted a piece of an old rear window truck rifle rack with a bolt which allows me to adjust it up and down depending on which rifle I'm carrying with me at the moment. Hope that all made sense to you...
              Yup - all made sense. I love Alaskan engineering. I know you have taken some hits on the barrel getting snagged, but I have a feeling that you and I ride in similar areas - it would work perfectly for me too. I'm already in the works to find a buddy to help me well up a similar mount. Since we have no snow right now... it's the least I can do. Your Expi is a stellar looking machine. Keep the posts coming as you add more.

Comment

So I've been cutting some firewood loops around the place here with the V800 Tundra, and decided to mount a machete to the other side of the cowl for easier access, don't really even need to hop off the sled for some of IMG_5318.jpgthose pesky spruce boughs.....

Comment

Originally posted by 4951tomm View Post
                  So I've been cutting some firewood loops around the place here with the V800 Tundra, and decided to mount a machete to the other side of the cowl for easier access, don't really even need to hop off the sled for some of [ATTACH=CONFIG]92238[/ATTACH]those pesky spruce boughs.....
                  You don't fear that front end of the machete sleeve getting an alder behind it and tearing it right off the cowling??

Comment

Machete

Originally posted by cod View Post
                    You don't fear that front end of the machete sleeve getting an alder behind it and tearing it right off the cowling??
                    Well, I carry a $500-750 rifle on the right hand side, and a $20 machete on the left, so no, I don't worry about it....

Comment

Cheap-O Bumper

Originally posted by 4951tomm View Post
                      Well, I carry a $500-750 rifle on the right hand side, and a $20 machete on the left, so no, I don't worry about it....
                      Ahhh, I see what you mean......Your right, it could tear a chunk of the cowling off.........So, in the spirit of "Cheap-O-ness" I have added a small, cheap bumper, made outa 5/8 bar and a couple a "Pack Rack" ATV rifle mounts.......The bar is flexible enough that it can be adjusted/bent with a cheater bar for optimum willow deflection and soft enough to have some give in case I hit a snow covered stump, am not sure how much abuse the aluminum grab handle can actually take. Would have liked to have made it longer, but am kinda worried about taking it in the shin or hooking on willows while in reverse...... Thanks for all the input
                      Attached Files

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X