Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

skid bolt removal, 2015 550F wide track

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • skid bolt removal, 2015 550F wide track

    Was removing front skid bolt so I could add tunnel protectors and studs.
    Now the threads are stripped on both sides, the bolt head is not stripped, just the threads.
    when I turn bolt it just spins. I can't screw bolts in or out.
    Ideas out there?

  • #2
    Can you grind off the nut or the bolt head and drive it out?

    Comment


    • #3
      Have you tried prying up on the bolt head with a screw driver while turning the bolt?
      When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
      '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"
      2018 12' Moto Jet "River Pup"

      Comment


      • #4
        Maybe you already know this, but you need to have a wrench on the opposites sides bolt otherwise the whole thing will spin as you described. Sometimes you can take the one side out without it all spinning, but usually not.
        Your post was a bit unclear if you already did try with the wrench opposite. Hope this works for you, I've never heard of one stripping out.
        Fighting gravity is never cheap.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Yukoner View Post
          Maybe you already know this, but you need to have a wrench on the opposites sides bolt otherwise the whole thing will spin as you described. Sometimes you can take the one side out without it all spinning, but usually not.
          Your post was a bit unclear if you already did try with the wrench opposite. Hope this works for you, I've never heard of one stripping out.
          Yup,
          Put a wrench on one side and an impact wrench on the other! If the shaft is inside a tube they can be difficult...the impact wrench is the best way to do it.
          "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
          ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

          Comment


          • #6
            The Wide Trak must not have windows in the rear of the tunnel to slide your tunnel protectors into then?

            Comment

            Footer Adsense

            Collapse
            Working...
            X