No announcement yet.

Rear winch mounting Ranger 6x6???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put a plate between frame members as high as I could to allow room for winch then wired in, ran the switch to drivers area & its on a 8-10' cord so easy to be looking at rear winch & operate

Comment

Originally posted by excav8tr View Post
      I put a plate between frame members as high as I could to allow room for winch then wired in, ran the switch to drivers area & its on a 8-10' cord so easy to be looking at rear winch & operate
      Sounds a bit like what I'm thinking. Any pics?
      Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
      "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Comment

Funny how I stumble on this thread while looking for a rear winch mount for my 6x6 Ranger. I have searched and searched. I bought the universal bracket that runs in a receiver and I despise that thing unless I use it on the car trailer. I would like to permanently mount the Warn 3.5 on the rear just above the hitch. I know people have fabricated them as I have seen them, but they are not for sale. Vance in AK did you find one?

Comment

here ya go
          Attached Files

Comment

I took the mounting plate and positioned it atop the receiver hitch. Made sure I have clearance for everything and welder it on there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by alaskankid13 View Post
              I took the mounting plate and positioned it atop the receiver hitch. Made sure I have clearance for everything and welder it on there!

Not concerned that it will get soaked in water as you drive around?, seems like it would stay in the water so low.
              "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

With the 30 tires and the majority of trails we end up on, its rarely underwater. It sat underwater for about an hour and still works great. No winch is sealed so maintenance is key.

Comment

Alaskankid13, the tube between the frame members, did you add that? I dont recall mine having it, but it is an older model 2011. Is that to reinforce the frame? Curious, is that a problem spot? Im new to these 6xs.

Comment

Here's mine, I love it.
                    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

Originally posted by 2dawgs View Post
                      Alaskankid13, the tube between the frame members, did you add that? I dont recall mine having it, but it is an older model 2011. Is that to reinforce the frame? Curious, is that a problem spot? Im new to these 6xs.
                      Mines a 2014, I did not add it in. Theres a lot of other bracing added in however.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X