Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trail Report W.P.C. Willow AK. 3/25/09

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trail Report W.P.C. Willow AK. 3/25/09

    Ok Guys! It's the Last Week in March. Grab the wife and monsters and all the gear and git out to Willow!!!
    Snows Deep,Temps Warm and it's Spring in Alaska! NO ASH HERE!!! Groomed over 400 fleet miles this week putting Snow Flakes in there place!!! The trails are in great shape! Still whatch for Idid-a-idot fire pits on the lakes. And the rivers are good to almost to Lake Creek or north to past Trapper Lake and Hatcher Pass is awesome!!! And don't forget that now is a great time to hit Mt. Sue.!
    Long Days, Great Snow, Now is the Time to get out and Ride!!!
    Hope to hear from you, or see you on the Trail!!!
    The Big Swamp in the lower end is unreal!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

  • #2
    Still good!!!

    Well Willow still has NO ASH! but temps reached 43 this afternoon, but in the low 20's at night!
    Great Riding!!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Out on the river and in the shade, two different thermometers read 54 F. Some overflow showing. Could get ugly real quick if it continues. The trails are really soft and showing water in the bottom of the deep trenches. Couple of creeks busted open. Otters coming out on the edges and laying around. Actually saw one muskrat in the middle of a swamp. It is definately winding down.
      "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
      ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

      Comment


      • #4
        Hows the snow on the Willow side of Hatchers? We are headed there tomorrow morning.

        Comment


        • #5
          An update on the Willow and Big Swamp area would be nice. Thinking about heading there tomorrow, but not if the snow is all slushy and there is open water.

          Comment


          • #6
            Sat Morning

            All still good out this way. Got down to 20 last night. NO ASH!!!
            Hatcher Pass is still in good shape!
            Trail Boss
            Willow Trail Committe
            ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
            To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

            Comment

            Footer Adsense

            Collapse
            Working...
            X