Voltage regulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage regulator?

I have a 06 skidoo MXZ X 550 fan. Recently my younger brother bent the handle bars. He replaced them but then when he put it back together one of the handle warmers wouldn't work and the other melted. Also all the pannel lights came on and the head light was broken. What I am wondering is could the voltage regulator be causing the handle bars and panel lights?
    The head light was broken when it ran into the back of another machine. Could that have done some thing? Visably there was no structural damage just a crack in the head light.

Sounds like bad wires.

change the bulb. If it blows out , then look at the regulator. most times its looking good idling, but dims as you give it gas, then you habe a bad regulator.

A crash is a sure sign of "damage", and not the kind tha effects voltage regulators.
    look at your switches as well.

good luck.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.:topjob:

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Comment

Some of those hot grips have a ceremic looking thing that the wires go too. To bleed off the voltage, If the machine took a shot look for damage to it.
      Remember, Mother nature has no forgiveness for stupidity.
      If you don't care where you are, your not lost

Comment

What about all the panel lights? What do you think would cause that?

Comment

Short

Sounds like a short in your system. Probably happened in the wreck. Check all the wiring/harnesses. Most new machines have closed loop 12v systems...when one area goes bad, it can affect other areas.

Comment

Originally posted by SusitnaAk View Post
            Some of those hot grips have a ceremic looking thing that the wires go too. To bleed off the voltage, If the machine took a shot look for damage to it.
            I believe this ceramic looking thing your talking about is a resistor. When I installed hot grips on my wheeler it came with a resistor which controls the voltage for the low side of the hot grips.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X