sled and hitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sled and hitch?

I'm trying to find a decent cargo sled and "universal" hitch for under $200. Any ideas?

I'm not going to be hauling anything but camping gear, ice fishing gear, and maybe (hopefully) game quarters and hides... nothing really heavy.

Thanks for your help!

Sportsman's Warehouse.

Comment

I have one I have been considering selling. It is a 6' long tub sled. About 30" wide. I'm leaving town tomorrow though. If you are still looking for one next week send me a PM. I'm leaving town tomorrow for the trip to Dawson City.

Comment

Basket sled!

Try a Pendal Hitch or as we call it a J hitch. Get one in the Noatak Native store for $35.

Sleds? Go with a hand made hickory Basket Sled. Mine is 12 feet long and will carry anything you want, Weighs almost nothing, easy to pull and tough as nails! Looks like a big dog sled with a long hitch. Photo attached!

Walt
        Northwest Alaska Back Country Rentals
        Kotzebue Alaska
        www.northwestalaska.com
        Attached Files

Comment

You mean...

Originally posted by northwestalska View Post
          Try a Pendal Hitch or as we call it a J hitch. Get one in the Noatak Native store for $35.

Sleds? Go with a hand made hickory Basket Sled. Mine is 12 feet long and will carry anything you want, Weighs almost nothing, easy to pull and tough as nails! Looks like a big dog sled with a long hitch. Photo attached!

Walt
          Northwest Alaska Back Country Rentals
          Kotzebue Alaska
          www.northwestalaska.com
          ... you can find a hickory basket sled for under $200? Now that would be a bargain!

Comment

Well.... No

You can build one for about $500. I guess i was just showing off how we do it up here and adding my pic.

You got me!

Walt

Comment

Watch Graigslist and 907bigboytoys, I have seen several in the last week or so.

And maybe put a WTB add in the classifieds, ya might find a few folks that have been thinking of selling, but just haven't been motivated to advertise.
              I'm Pro-Pike.

Comment

Parachute cord and an orange plastic sled. Total cost: $17.95.

Comment

NWAK: That's a really nice sled! Unfortunately I don't have the talent, time, or budget for such a work of art. Beautiful craftsmanship!

AK_Kid: I tried that setup but all my moonshine broke when the durn sled smashed into the back of my snow-go going down a hill :mad:

oakman: PM inbound

Thanks.

Comment

Snowmachine Sled

Not even close to 200 or even 500 bucks, but these are great sleds. Independent suspension to keep your eggs whole and your beer ready-to-open.

:cool:
                    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Comment

Who is building those? Mikes in Sterling?

Needs a gas can rack in the tongue.
                      I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                      Bill Hicks

Comment

The fab shop south of Soldotna off Gaswell. He's been building this variety for many years and they are very nice. And they can have anything a guy wants as far as gas can racks, etc. I don't think he's ever built 2 the exact same way as they are all custom and made by special order.
                        Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Comment

like this...

build one from wood, 2 pieces of 2x6 about 6-8 feet long, however long you want it, slides or thick 1/2 inch pvc pipe to put under the skis, measure the ski-width of your sno-go and make the ply-wood for the sled that wide, usually about 3 feet, 2x4's same width as the ply-wood, make the last foot and a half or so of the front of the sled at a 50 degree angle. and so on and so fourth.

for the hitch, find angle-irons and weld them together. bolt it on your tunnel, drill a hole in the middle and you got a hitch, be creative. somthing like that.

Comment

This thread came back from the grave...

Since last year I upgraded to a 09 SD Tundra w/ hitch and size L Otter sled w/ hyfax runners.

Should work well for my purposes as I'm not hauling heavy loads/

Comment

Originally posted by zeb View Post
                              This thread came back from the grave...
                              There are no "graves" around here. Just doing my part to save the environment by recycling threads!
                              Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X