ArticMan 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArticMan 09

I'll be going to ArticMan for the first time this year. Any advice on what to bring for camping?

BEEEEEEER!!

Just kidding, except thats what everyone else is bringin'! What kind of camping? Tent, RV, what?
    The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
    sigpic

~Spero Meliora~

Comment

You forgot the chips hunt_ak.....

Comment

Earplugs if you plan on sleeping at night.

besides the obvious stuff:
        firewood
        chairs
        snow shovel

if you tent camp:
        regular shovel
        garden rake
        broom
        Air mattress and good pad
        If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Comment

what to bring is up to you, but I will suggest what to leave and thats the wife. She proubably would not be real impressed and your chances of going again, "well you would be sitting home like me."

Comment

Ouch!

Ak Livin,

Funny!!..., but I hope that isn't true! Maybe I'll reconsider bringing mine!

Claude
            Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Comment

Sorry I forgot to say I will be tent camping, or possibly just sleeping in the back of my K5 Blazer. I heard catalytic heaters work well...is that true.
              Any other suggestions.

Comment

bring some money and come on down to paxson lodge for a beer, I will most likely be in there.

Comment

Originally posted by dan66 View Post
                  Sorry I forgot to say I will be tent camping, or possibly just sleeping in the back of my K5 Blazer. I heard catalytic heaters work well...is that true.
                  Any other suggestions.

Even with Catalytic heaters you need good ventilation. Icing may be a problem in the Blazer if temps drop below zero. Which it has done in the past.

I use my enclosed sled trailer with a catalytic heater and it works good. The biggest problem is condensation from the propane and normal breathing. I do put up a tarp between the entry door and our sleeping area. Kinda of like a mud room. Also put some thin foam board down on the floor. That keeps alot of the real cold air out from underneath the cots.

Comment

I heard from my neighbor who is an avid snowmachiner that this years Arctic Man was cancelled because they couldn't get insurance. Anyone else hear this?

Comment

All is good

Originally posted by denalihunter View Post
                      Ak Livin,

Funny!!..., but I hope that isn't true! Maybe I'll reconsider bringing mine!

Claude
                      Claude,

I was joking and when we went she and I had a blast. Actually she was only not impressed with me when we were swing dancing in the beer tent and I lost my grip of her hand and she flew into the speakers.

Comment

I heard the race is canceled also.

Comment

I just got an email from the guys taking reservations. They say it's still on...and they are taking reservations for the camping spots

Comment

beer

sun screen

beer

ear plugs are a great idea

beer

lots of firewood........then take some more

beer

lawn chairs with some boat cushions to keep your butt warm

beer

I'd go with a good tent before I slept in the back of a blazer

beer

cardboard appliance boxes for the floor are nice

beer

one of those tent safe heaters would be good

beer

and a lantern and stove if you're careful just during wakeup/cooking time

beer

snow shovels

beer

I wish I was going again this year

it's a blast

maybe a little extra gas but personally I thought it was worth the extra 50 cents a gallon to just pull up to the pump out there and fill her up........

maybe some fireworks.........or just watch other people's

last thing you might want........

beer

Comment

I just got confirmation on my parking spots too, it's still on.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X