Studs on SKI-DOO SWT 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studs on SKI-DOO SWT 4 stroke

I'm wishing to put studs on my 4 stroke SWT although the dealer says not enough room. I feel that even though there might not be tons of room there is enough. Anyone out there stud your track?

I studded my Skandic SUV this year after problems sliding on ice last year and it have made a world of difference. I built my own tunnel protectors and everything is working fine.

Comment

tunnel protector

Originally posted by Unalakleet yooper View Post
      I studded my Skandic SUV this year after problems sliding on ice last year and it have made a world of difference. I built my own tunnel protectors and everything is working fine.
      What did you utilize for your tunnel protector?

Comment

I had some 1 1/4 inch strips of plastic around and cut them to width and length. Also, I know it has been talked about before on other chats but I had a sled with screws in the track. They created problems for me coming out and tearing the track. They were installed at a dealership. I am sticking with studs from now on.

Comment

Try

If your track can take them Ice Screws are great! We use them on some of the fleet.
          Trail Boss
          Willow Trail Committe
          ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
          To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Trail Boss View Post
            If your track can take them Ice Screws are great! We use them on some of the fleet.

Yes it can take them and thats what I was planning on utilizing with a little red lock tight on each. I just wish to make sure others are doing it without hiting the tunnel or HX. Did you add any protection or just go for it and max out your springs?

Comment

No Problems!!

We been useing them on one track for 10,000 miles. No problems and did not need protecters! As they are not tall or pointed sharp. They help a lot when pulling drags up icy slopes and on the lakes.
              Trail Boss
              Willow Trail Committe

Comment

You don't need Locktite for Kold Kutters. Just set your driver clutch so that you don't spin the screws in the track. They'll hold fine. You can drive the screws using a conventional driver bit holder, just pull out the bit and the screw heads fit the driver perfectly. Very Handy. Ak Snowmobile Salvage has 1/2" and 3/4" Kold Kutters on the shelf in 250 pc bags.

Comment

We been useing them on one track for 10,000 miles. No problems and did not need protecters! As they are not tall or pointed sharp. They help a lot when pulling drags up icy slopes and on the lakes.

So, I want to be clear.....we are talking 2008 or 2009 SWT with the 800 Four stroke........???
                  "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

Just a thought...

Couldn't you use old hyfax for tunnel protectors? Seems like they would work...
                    The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
                    sigpic

~Spero Meliora~

Comment

correct

Originally posted by Hopeak View Post
                      So, I want to be clear.....we are talking 2008 or 2009 SWT with the 800 Four stroke........???
                      Yes, my sled is a 2009 800 SWT 4 stroke. After looking it looks like I have about an 1/2" from top of paddel to HX

Comment

Originally posted by AK LIVIN View Post
                        Yes, my sled is a 2009 800 SWT 4 stroke. After looking it looks like I have about an 1/2" from top of paddel to HX

No, sorry my question was more to Trail Boss. I just want to know that we are all talking the same years, model, engine.

Comment

Yes

You should have no problems! A little Hyfax would work if you are worried.
                          Trail Boss
                          Willow Trail Committe

Comment

You should have no problems! A little Hyfax would work if you are worried.
                            Thank you, would it work to just put them on the outer edge of the track....? I have never had studs in a track......?

Comment

All over!

Spread them out for best traction. There are stud patten for different amounts of studs.
                              Trail Boss
                              Willow Trail Committe

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X