lower altitude powder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower altitude powder?

I'm searching for some lower altitude powder as close to Anchorage as possible. I bought a new mountain sled, but I am a beginner, so I'm trying to play it safe while I learn and improve my skills. Another factor is that I ride alone most of the time, so I don't want to go anywhere where avalanches, or steep sidehilling are too much of a concern.

The deeper the powder, the better, but preferably flat or rolling terrain. I went out and rode near Nancy Lake last weekend and had a blast, but the trail was pretty rough. About 2-4 inches of powder over ice.

Any thoughts on where an Anchorage newbie can hone his powder skills and break in his new sled?

Like you said, anywhere low like you were riding got hammered by the last warm spell. Dont know how places like Placer got hit, but likely there as well. I would suggest going up Hatcher Pass as I do know they have gotten fresh snow in the last couple days.
    The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
    sigpic

~Spero Meliora~

Comment

There some deep stuff out at Petersville, I posted a ride report yesterday on it.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
      Working...
      X