Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If'n they have 15" at Lake Louise I'd be surprised. I live just 20 miles from there and don't have near that much. Maybe 15" total for the season but not total depth as of now.
    -Caleb-

Comment

Heading up to Pville to the cabin this weekend any snow out that way or would 4 wheelers still be best
      Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Comment

Trail reports

Four Wheelers.

Could check with Jen at trapper creek inn.
        We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Comment

just rode pettersville saturday and the snow sucked so bad that i have to wash my sleds now so 4 wheeler would be best idea for now

Comment

Thank you!
            Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Comment

If you want to know what the snow conditions are Lake Louise are, look at this web cam view (note: look during the daylight hours):

http://www.lakelouiselodge.com/weather/index.htm

Also ... make sure you scroll down enough on this web page so you can see the temperature up there.

Comment

Any updates on the Big Su leaving Deska Landing?
                I spoke to Roger at the landing yesterday, says the river is very rough from what he can see at the launch.
                Anyone made a run to their cabin yet and have better report?
                Thanks,
                BK
                BK Marine Services 232-6399
                Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
                Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
                Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

hi all just looking to see what kinda of conditions are out at the denali highway im looking to ride the highway and the outer area of the road looking for info on base and powder levels and if anyone has any pics from the last 2 or 3 days would be a big help also i looked at the webcam at lake louis but what are the base and powder levels do you think

Comment

Bkmail, scroll down to the WTC thread. River is froze good. Rough not much snow

Comment

so going to the denali highway is the best option then for decent snow at the moment then

Comment

Trail reports

No areas have a rideable amount of snow nor a base to boot. Having a late year.

Just came back from Fairbanks and they have the most snow.
                        We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Comment

Have snow?

Here's a pic of the snow on the Denali Highway at MP68 a couple of days ago. I've been riding for a couple of weeks, including in from Cantwell. Snow is thin the first five miles, but after that, it's good. We still have people driving in also. We are riding the atv trails on the snow machines and they are great! I wouldn't be doing any boondocking yet, but at least you can get out and about.

Claude
                          Attached Files
                          Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Comment

OK, you have snow, but how deep is it? Some of us need at least 3 inches just to get the track to touch the surface.

Soldotna has about 4 inches on the ground. Valdez has about 2 in most areas (high winds blowing it into the ocean). The road in between these locations, as of 2 days ago, has very little snow anywhere. Just a couple inches most of the way. And the CRV was breaking -30F when I went through. Flippin' cold, howling wind, and no precip!

Now that the turkey is boxed up, hopefully we can look forward to more snow and the wonderful aroma of 2-stroke oil!
                            Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Comment

Trail reports

Claude has a 4 stroke. He doesn't worry about cooling.

Comment

Played on Nancy lake yesterday had about 6-8 inches just enough to get around.
                                "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.--Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X