Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was out in the nancy lakes area over the long weekend. bitter cold and lots of snow, but no overflow on teh swamps/lakes, which was a blessing. trails were as smooth as i've seen them thanks to the recent snow, so riding was good despite the cold.

Comment

Early trail report: Denali Highway. Well, still not enough snow to do any riding. 1" to 5" on the ground. But snow is coming! We expect to be riding by our normal time, Thanksgiving weekend. Just have to wait and see. If your new to riding, get with your local snow machine club! The club rides are a lot of fun and you'll learn a lot from people that have been doing it for year! We are members of every snow machine club in Alaska that I can find. We have two trail rides set up to stay with us with the Anchorge Snow Machine Club this winter.
      Claude
      Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Comment

Not to stir up another hornets nest....but.... I here Al has closed up the McClaren lodge until February. Any idea if they got money for grooming and if there are plans to groom for the early season?
        Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Comment

Doug,
          Yes, Al and Sue have shut down from Late Oct to Feb 1st, I think. According to the Snowtrac, they did get funds for grooming, but not sure if they plan on grooming while they are closed. It was noted in his application that he would like to see someone else groom the West end of the highway. We do not see anyone coming in for projects at this point, so I doubt we'll see it groomed until at least Februrary. I would like to buy that groomer that goes on my groomer special bearcat to see how it works, but I'd sure like to try it before I buy it! It's 7K.

Should be fine though. I'll be in and out all winter and just got one of those UHMW sleds 4' X 12' and will be picking it up on the way home through Fairbanks.
          Claude

Comment

Anyone riding yet? I am dying to get out even if I have to drive but I havent heard anything yet. Pray for snow!!!!!!!

Comment

Not enough snow anywhere that I have heard of. Still need another 12" around here to get out.

Comment

Trail reports

Plenty of ridin to be done if you like weed wackin.
                We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Comment

Originally posted by TWB View Post
                  Plenty of ridin to be done if you like weed wackin.
                  Haha I wanna ride pretty bad, but not that bad......yet

Comment

Trail reports

This is the time of year when I'm in the garage throwin heel clickers makin sled noises

Give it another 3 weeks but even then a low base will have ground debri still showing.

I've got this "thing" with hookin a ski or cracking a bulkhead lol.
                    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Comment

Rode the Man-Bear-Pig around the lumber yard today. That first snow we got back in October was reduced to ice, the new 2" of snow was enough to slide around and spin some cookies. Can't wait.

Comment

We finally have decent snow this morning! 5" to 6" overnight and still snowing. We had about a 4" base on the ground before hand. I'll be taking my jeep out to Cantwell and riding the my Beercat back in today or tomorrow if it keeps up.

BRING ON THE SNOW!! Wooo Hoooo!! Looks like riding good by Thanksgiving once again!

Claude

Comment

i have been watching the forecast and it looks like eureka may be getting some snow, how much out that way? Or up the parks?

Comment

Trail reports

In general, Eureka is a very late season type of area to ride. Much of the snow is windblown and hardens up.

Not much up the Parks. It's still early and the snow is coming in sparsely so far.

Comment

Everything on the ground in Willow is frozen with about 2"-3" of snow. Just enough to hide the ice and make it interesting. This is the time of the year that parts desks love. Everyone is so antsy that they go out early and tear sleds up.... I hate to, but I will wait.

kevin
                              2002 Wooldridge Sport 2000, 21', 350 Kodiak Jet, "CindyLou"
                              26' Olympic Sport Sedan, 5.7 Volvo, 280 Volvo, getting there, "CindyLouTwo"
                              20' Alumatech Airboat
                              EagleQuest Cabins and Lodge--Willow

Comment

I heard today that there is 15"s at Lake Louise.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X