Trail maps??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail maps??

Just getting back into riding after almost 25 years and I’d like to find some easy trail systems in the south-central region. I’m in Anchorage, but willing to go north towards Willow, as far as Talkeetna. I’m fine traveling north towards Eureka also. And of course south towards the peninsula.

I’ve got 3 kids, 12 and under, so longer drives aren’t in the cards for me yet. Are there maps anywhere for any of these areas? I grew up in Talkeetna and know some of the trails up there.

Also, are there any areas in the fore mentioned areas that are currently rideable?

I appreciate all info and tips, thanks everyone!

Last year, I found the Willow Area West Gateway trails around Willow Swamp to be groomed and easy with plenty of opportunities to wander off the beaten path further out. No idea on current snow cover, grooming, or the lake ice this year. Maps and groomed trail kmz file: https://www.waco-ak.org/committees/trails/

Comment

I don't know if you want to go that far but up around Eureka and Lake Louise there are many trails. Just search for the different areas and you should find them.

Patriot Life Member NRA
      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
      Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Big Lake, Nancy Lake, Willow and Petersville all have trail systems. I don't think any of them have been groomed yet and likely have downed trees and open water in places. With reduced funding, I think most areas will wait until we are further into winter before they start marking and grooming trails. If you have younger kids I'd wait until they get the trails in shape.

The Mat-Su Borough has trail maps online but I forget where.

Comment

dnr.alaska.gov/parks/aktrails/explore/trailmapguide.htm
          Type this in, see if u find what your looking for , can't seem to cut and paste?
          Trail Maps and Guides (alaska.gov)
          Copy/ paste , Worked when i went to edit post humm,?
          Hope this will help,
          Matanuska-Susitna Borough - Trails (matsugov.us)
          Remember, Mother nature has no forgiveness for stupidity.
          If you don't care where you are, your not lost

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X