Old gas disposal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old gas disposal??

I was gifted an old phazer…. It has almost a full tank of gas and has been sitting for several years. What can I do with the old gas?? Never dealt with it before.

Thanks in advance

If you google solid waste station for anchorage and ER it will list hours and such. Siphon the old gas into gas jugs and dispose of easily and legally at their sites. They pour it out and return the containers to you. There is a certain amount free (I think 5 gall) and then a disposal fee.

Comment

OLD gas ??? lawn mower snow blower

Comment

Originally posted by Sid View Post
        OLD gas ??? lawn mower snow blower
        Just mix it in with fresh and burn it through?

Comment

I've never dealt with that much old gas.
          But whenever I have a small amount of old gas say a couple cups from a power ice auger or small motor I usually dump it in my burn barrel with a bunch of paper and box trash.
          Then it's a simple matter of throwing a match in there.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

"The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Drain it all out and put in a separate container filtering it if you can as you go, so you know positively what container that is. Add to it 5-6 ounces of Seafoam. Mix small amounts at a time into other devices such as the mower, chainsaw, and such. Gas is going to get a lot higher in price over this winter as is any petroleum product. Crayons, paint, natural gas, home heating oil, plastics....

I save all of my oil changes into jugs. I also save my diesel fuel filter old fuel. I mix them 50/50 and squirt a couple ounces it into my woodstove to start the morning fires.

Patriot Life Member NRA
            Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
            Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by urbanhillbilly View Post
              Just mix it in with fresh and burn it through?
              If it's clean, unseparated and free of water I mix it with a tank of fresh and burn it through one of my vehicles. I don't like to run old gas through my small engines, I only feed them good stuff. Otherwise, I mix it at a ratio of 1 part gas to 3 parts diesel and use it for burn fuel. Or, as recommended, it can be taken to the borough landfill for disposal. (It's free).
              ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
              I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
              The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

HINT: Be careful if you follow the burn barrel advise above. Even a small amount of liquid gas can produce a lot of vapor and a HUGE fireball when you toss that match.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonardC View Post
                  HINT: Be careful if you follow the burn barrel advise above. Even a small amount of liquid gas can produce a lot of vapor and a HUGE fireball when you toss that match.
                  Absolutely! Safety is a must!
                  Like I said that's why I only do it if I have a cup or two of old/bad gas.
                  If it were a whole tank full I wouldn't burn it.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

"The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Every one has there way to burn old gas , gas can be a problem , be careful with it, gas vapor can do a lot to spoil your day real fast

Comment

So I ended up with about 2 gallons total. It is definitely a pre mixed gas, but there is no separation and appears to be clean.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanhillbilly View Post
                        So I ended up with about 2 gallons total. It is definitely a pre mixed gas, but there is no separation and appears to be clean.
                        I'd feed it to my Tacoma. I do same annually with my saw gas if I haven't been running it much, and I mix a fresh batch for the saw.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                        The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X