This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow report

If you have been out, tell us what you found! - :mad:?

A good link to see reported depths - Snow Depths
    Last edited by AKmud; 01-25-2008, 09:28.
    AKmud
    sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Petersville

Went riding in Petersville yesterday. AWESOME. Despite the flat light anytime I can go riding this early is a plus. We ended up going in between the Dutch and Peters. Snow was 3-6 feet! No joke!! If I can i will post a picture later of the "Hole" I found to prove it. When we left it was snowing like crazy. Also the trail in is the best condition I have ever seen. One piece of advice. Stay away from any water crossings. Even up in the mountains.

Comment

Awesome....!!!

I'm heading to Petersville tomorrow. Did you park at the bridge & ride back to the Road House...??? Thanks...

Comment

Petersville 11/8/07

Yeah we parked at the normal parking lot and rode back to the roadhouse. Here is a pic of PolarisBlake in his hole.
        Last edited by AKmud; 11-09-2007, 13:23. Reason: trying to get photo to show....

Comment

In Deep

Great picture!!!! Don't you just hate that.
          Nothing like a--end UP!
          Trail Boss
          Willow Trail Committe
          ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
          To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Comment

Willow have any snow?

Hey Trail Boss, how are the snow conditions in Willow?

Comment

peterville

lots of snow good riding all over back in the hills no base at all a good 5 feet or more. swamps are good 3 feet. put on 70 miles a good day.....

Comment

Originally posted by polarisblake View Post
                Went riding in Petersville yesterday. AWESOME. Despite the flat light anytime I can go riding this early is a plus. We ended up going in between the Dutch and Peters. Snow was 3-6 feet! No joke!! If I can i will post a picture later of the "Hole" I found to prove it. When we left it was snowing like crazy. Also the trail in is the best condition I have ever seen. One piece of advice. Stay away from any water crossings. Even up in the mountains.
                You guys suck!! Blake, did you just get home tues.? When do you leave?
                The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
                sigpic

~Spero Meliora~

Comment

Drove turnagain pass last night (1am) coming back from picking up a sled in Kasilof. It was raining most of the way but it was a blizzard in the pass and 31 degrees. There was about 4 inches on the road at the top and it had all ready been plowed once. Very wet snow but lots of it. Hopefully it will stick.

Comment

Snowing hard in Girdwood, I have to go to homer to get my boat tonight. I will take a camera with to get a shot of Turnagain.

Comment

be careful in the pass they were plowing last night but they were not putting down any sand. If the temp drops that wet snow might turn to ice real quick. The rest of the drive should be good.

Comment

Buffalo Mine

Went riding in the Buffalo Mine area today. Not bad ... 12-18" of snow and was snowing hard when we left this afternoon.

Comment

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...r/IMG_0100.jpg

My back deck, we have 8 in so far and still snowing hard in Girdweird

Comment

P-ville today had decent light this morning then it started to snow and the light got real flat. The trail is BRUTAL you almost need a kidney belt to keep your intestines in place. Good riding once you got in plenty of snow to bury my Mountain Cat 159".

Comment

Baldy

Just wonding if anybody has been up on Baldy yet this year? Was planing on going up there this week around thursday or friday. It would be nice if there is enough snow up there.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X