Scandic 600 4stroke, wide track.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scandic 600 4stroke, wide track.

I bought this 2 years ago and until today only had 3 miles on it. Yep, 3 in two years because of the lack of snow where I cut firewood. It is quite the jump from a 2004 Scandic LT 440. Finally SNOW!!! So today I took it across the river to cut. Nice machine and way more powerful than my old Scandic. No speed tests, still in break in mode. But it did great, not as tippy as the old machine as this has a 20" track with 1 1/2" lugs. It pulled a full load easily. I could almost use a larger wood sled. Like it so far. I usually start cutting in March but have almost 3 cords cut so far.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190221_134939.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	2516895Click image for larger version

Name:	20190221_144624.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	2516896

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Very nice. I would agree on the improvements the last 6 years or so on the scandics and the expeditions. I donít have the 600 ace, but Iíve heard good things about it.

Comment

I mounted a 2500# winch on this, this summer for helping with the firewood.

As I pulled into the place I have been wood cutting I noticed someone else had been there. Then, I caught it too late, a deep frozen rut about 18" deep and 3' long. The Scandic went on it's side, all 700 pounds of loaded machine.

So I tried to roll her back over using testicular fortitude. Wouldn't budge. Three previous back surgeries told me not to try too hard. So I free spooled the winch cable off to the side to an alder back about mid point of the machine and put the cable up over the ski and hit the switch. There was a little groaning but the winch brought it right back over on the track. If not for the winch I would of been walking 2 miles back home for a come-a-long. I eventually found 3-4 of these ruts as the person that left them must of really spun their tracks bad to get their wood load moving. Hopefully no one else will find them and get hurt.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

How much are we looking at cost wise for this sled new? Any good payment options?

Comment

Originally posted by iyouktug View Post
          How much are we looking at cost wise for this sled new? Any good payment options?
          I think mine was around 11K with the tall windshield, wide skins, front bumper, heavy duty hitch, rear rack. I went thru Alaska USA credit Union for a three year payoff.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

Thanks for the info, that is what Iím considering at this point and your machine seems like a good way to go.

Comment

I have gotten a lot more miles on it this year.
              I thought it might steer hard being a widetrack. Nope does pretty good actually.
              It backs up easily, more so than my other 2004 Scandic longtrack. The old one liked to dig in. Not so much with the new one.
              Hot grips get really HOT for you interior guys in the minus weather temps.
              Back rack is plenty good and the rear seat removes if you want to build something like a trapping box and go single.
              I love hitting the yellow button, the machine does a self-check and lets you know everything is AOK. Hit the yellow again and it starts up every time.
              The wide skins, are a plus. Tall windshield a plus. Good tool area under the rear seat.
              I was cutting wood today and pulled a tree up out of a draw and pulled over a widow maker with the winch. Takes some thinking but it sure helps.
              The only minus point is I am old school and would like to see an optional pull start incase the battery dies.
              Only other minus is the weight, 700#. If you flip it like I did yesterday you are going to have an Egyptian Ingenuity Moment getting it back over if you can't physically do it.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

pull start rope works great in 550f skandic wide track ...

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X