Clear All

• Lake louise

Starting to look like winter out there

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	2516806

Thanks for that. My throttle thumb is getting twitchy...

Comment

Ha! Me too.

Comment

Oh yeah!!!

Comment

Getting closer,

Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	2501389
          Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
          Ha! Me too.

Comment

Is the ice thick enough to ride on yet?

Comment

I wouldn't bet on it. I usually stay off it until at least after thanksgiving if not December. But the only way to know for sure is to go out there and drill a hole. I would say a foot of ice is probably minimum for safe riding in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
                I wouldn't bet on it. I usually stay off it until at least after thanksgiving if not December. But the only way to know for sure is to go out there and drill a hole. I would say a foot of ice is probably minimum for safe riding in my opinion.

Yep I would wait for at least till the middle or late December, the biggest problem is there are underwater springs that keep certain areas from forming thick ice until late.

Comment

Looking at the webcam it kind of looks like the main Lake is still open, can anyone confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by Akhardwater View Post
                    Looking at the webcam it kind of looks like the main Lake is still open, can anyone confirm this?
                    3 Lakes Rentals, Lake Louise Alaska. Search for the listed name on facebook, you will find local information and current lake and surrounding area conditions. These are the people that do the actual trail grooming.

Comment

Any ice reports.

Comment

Originally posted by Akhardwater View Post
                        Any ice reports.
                        The point lodge drilled a hole next to their dock it was about five inches thick there, but would be much less as you depart from the shore, I in no way would consider the lake safe to cross at this time, it is snowing and they expect 5 to 8 inches of snow in the next 24 to 48 hours so off the lake it is getting close to some riding.

Comment

Cool thanks. I saw someone off army point fishing yesterday so itís probaly walkable close to shore I wouldnít drive a sled on it yet. Itís been real foggy up there the past two days so hopefully the snow stays away till we can build some more ice. There is a couple over on Susitna that are spending freeze up at there cabin so Iím hoping John can get me a report from them as to ice conditions over there.

Comment

Winter snow splendor has hit Lake Louise with another 6-8 inches of fresh powder over the weekend. Along with this fresh snow, thin ice may bring us extreme amounts of overflow. Those of us that have longevity here know the perils of being caught in overflow. Words for this time of year.....be prudently cautious out there!! In fact I would completly stay off the lakes because of the thin ice.

Comment

Thought I would add a photo from the lake Louise area

Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	2501401
                              Originally posted by hunter1951 View Post
                              Winter snow splendor has hit Lake Louise with another 6-8 inches of fresh powder over the weekend. Along with this fresh snow, thin ice may bring us extreme amounts of overflow. Those of us that have longevity here know the perils of being caught in overflow. Words for this time of year.....be prudently cautious out there!! In fact I would completly stay off the lakes because of the thin ice.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X