No announcement yet.

Lake Louise riding report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I left the lodge I saw several guys out there with jumper boxes trying to get there trucks started.

Comment

Yeah, I heard them glo-plugs don't work on them diesels once the mercury drops below 20. But I'm surprised they wouldn't start back up again after it warmed up in the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
        Yeah, I heard them glo-plugs don't work on them diesels once the mercury drops below 20. But I'm surprised they wouldn't start back up again after it warmed up in the afternoon.
        Glow plugs? What were they driving 88 Chevy with the 6.2 diesels wow. Cummins and duramax never used glow plugs. The ol 7.3 used glow plugs but the 6.0 didnít.

Comment

Sorry everybody. You'll have to excuse us. 323 has held a grudge against me ever since I stood up for trailblazersteve a few weeks ago. He's just waiting for me to make little mistakes here and there so he can try to get under my skin. Okay 323, are you happy now? I am not a diesel expert. Never owned one. Big deal. Can we get one with life and play nice now?

Comment

March 29th

Trail report

The season will be coming to an end soon but there is still several weeks left of riding thanks to our heavy snow fall this year. The temperatures all week have been typical spring weather. Below zero in the mornings and rising to the high twenties by late afternoon.

The trails are still firm in the morning but get soft by the afternoons. To make them last please haul all you heavy loads in the mornings.

We have exhausted all our grooming grant money for this year so we will continue grooming on an as needed basis.

Starting Monday we will begin our full press effort to recover the Tucker out of the ice flow at about mile 8, on the Tolsona trail. We'll need people to help during the week and the weekend to free it from the ice and get it on some plastic skids to tow it back to Dinty Bush. If you can help please contact Harry Ė 907-232-9080 or Randy at 907-355-9559

Comments:

As a reminder. Don't travel alone, dress appropriately and let someone know where you are going. If you do come across a hazard. Please report it to someone at Lake Louise Lodge.

March 29, 2018

Comment

Anybody going up to lake Louise or lake susitna this weekend?

Comment

Heading to my property on Friday, just east of Louise. The trails were awesome last weekend, had my fastest run to the cabin ever on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by ChugiakTinkerer View Post
                  Heading to my property on Friday, just east of Louise. The trails were awesome last weekend, had my fastest run to the cabin ever on Saturday.
                  Thanks for the response, my riding partner ended up working this Saturday, and I wanted to head to my place on Lake Susitna but am a little worried about traveling across the lakes alone, I could stay the night or come back the same day if there is anybody headed in that direction, it is going to be a nice weekend truly all I want todo is sort a few things out so I can get my ATV out of there when the snow melts down enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ChugiakTinkerer View Post
                    ChugiakTinkerer, when are you gonna build that cabin? Can't wait to see the pictures. Be sure to post when you are done. And please give us a trail report after next weekend. I was thinking about heading out to my cabin, but I am curious to know how the trails are holding up.

Comment

ChugiakTinkerer, when are you gonna build that cabin? Can't wait to see the pictures. Be sure to post when you are done. And please give us a trail report after next weekend. I was thinking about heading out to my cabin, but I am curious to know how the trails are holding up.
                      I was up there Friday and the trails I rode on were great, the weather has been cold at night so I would think they are still holding up well.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1951 View Post
                        Thanks for the response, my riding partner ended up working this Saturday, and I wanted to head to my place on Lake Susitna but am a little worried about traveling across the lakes alone, I could stay the night or come back the same day if there is anybody headed in that direction, it is going to be a nice weekend truly all I want todo is sort a few things out so I can get my ATV out of there when the snow melts down enough.
                        Anybody? want to go up at the very least it is going to be a beautiful day and out and about, if you are interested PM me and I will send my phone number..

Comment

I was up there Friday and the trails I rode on were great, the weather has been cold at night so I would think they are still holding up well.
                          Great, thanks. I can't make it up this weekend, but if the trails are holding up I would like to make 1 more trip out next weekend. We'll see.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	2500891
                            Great, thanks. I can't make it up this weekend, but if the trails are holding up I would like to make 1 more trip out next weekend. We'll see.
                            Here is a picture of the walk way up to our lake home as of last Friday as you can see there is still lots of snow, the snow was at least two feet deep with a slight crust on top, the lake house faces east so it gets lots of sun, so yea I think there will be at least a couple weeks of good snow.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95667[/ATTACH]

Here is a picture of the walk way up to our lake home as of last Friday as you can see there is still lots of snow, the snow was at least two feet deep with a slight crust on top, the lake house faces east so it gets lots of sun, so yea I think there will be at least a couple weeks of good snow.
                              Right on! Thanks for the report and picture.

Comment

Still plenty of snow, I'm planning on at least two more weekends, with a third possible...?

To get to my place I ride on Louise and then take the Crosswind lake trail for a ways. The Crosswind trail on Saturday was impeccable. The grooming that had been done prior was holding up nicely.

Working on the cabin. Spouse decided the loft needed a dormer window, so I framed that up on Sunday. Should be getting sheathing on this weekend.

Looking east with Mt Drum in the image center...

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X